Ignore feature bug

Can't speak for subscribers, but the ignore feature is currently active for non-subscribers in the comment section of FP articles.

Please disable it as I want to wear out my scroll wheel faster while avoiding PGHammer's pointless walls of text and the copious amounts of political diarrhoea.

This should be fixed now - it was just because the front-page code that handles the comments doesn't check the forum settings - as they're different systems.

1 hour ago, DaveLegg said:

This should be fixed now - it was just because the front-page code that handles the comments doesn't check the forum settings - as they're different systems.

Can confirm that the ignore feature is removed for non-subscribers on the FP.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Luc2k said:

That's odd. I remember Steven saying it would be re-enabled in the other topic.

He did, but later acknowledged it was not an available option.

I may have read it in either of these two threads -

I checked it and the option to ignore does not work for me as a subscriber.  Tried with several members and was not allowed to ignore any of them.

Yes the Ignore feature has been disabled for all groups. The reason is we should not be ignoring problematic members; if there is a member/post you have issue with please report it so staff may review the content.

This way problematic members do not go unnoticed by staff for extended periods of time and we can take action if needed to keep the community a nice and friendly place to visit :)

Since all questions have been answered and we have confirmed the ignore feature will not be returning I will go ahead and close this thread.

• Like 1

• Brandon H locked this topic