‘Napkin that knows’: DC college student creates KnoNap to detect drugs in drinks

‘Napkin that knows’: DC college student creates KnoNap to detect drugs in drinks

WASHINGTON — When someone slips a drug into your drink and then sexually assaults you or steals your wallet, it’s called a “drug-facilitated crime.” To help prevent that, a local student has come up with a way to find out what could be in your drink before taking a sip.

“In the summer of 2016, while studying abroad in Spain, my friend drugged and assaulted me. It was the first time I actually became aware of the issue and it became very personal,” Danya Sherman, a junior at George Washington University, told WTOP.

Someone tried to drug my sister once while she was partying in Morocco. Fortunately, her tolerance was pretty high and she made it back to hotel safe.

• 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, DocM said:

Ugh...roofies. Too damned bad that stuff is so easy to make.

I wonder if you get a good night sleep if you take one an hour before bed. I should probably feel bad that I nickname my sleep aids "Cosbies"

If I have trouble sleeping, which is infrequent since I can usually sleep any where/any time/any position, a bit of melatonin* puts me out in minutes. No need for anything stronger. 

* melatonin is over the counter in the US, but apparently this is not the case in Europe or Oz.