How to install Windows 10 ?

I purchased a new laptop . Model : HP 15Q-BU009TU

It comes with free DOS OS.

I'm trying to install Windows 10 in this laptop.   Issue is I could not create partitions.

Here is what I did ..I choose 415000 MB i.e 415 GB as partition . click Apply

issue2_zpsvosriwfq.jpg

issue3_zpshhivpd7t.jpg

... pop up OK ....but it did not create any partition !!

Also I see an Yellow mark at below here :

issue1_zpsvqj7pauj.jpg

What to do to install Windows 10 now ?

Please note I wish to have two partition 415 GB & 500 GB respectively and want to install  Windows 10  in 415 GB partition . Please guide how to do it in my laptop.

Thanks

You need to go into your bios & look for an UEFI setting to turn it on.  Currently it's set to GPT so you can't install windows on the partition.   

Once you get that set, delete the other two partitions, HPDocs & BuildPart, then format the entire disk's unallocated space.  

Once you get into the bios look around, every Bios is different, but it'll probably be under a 'Boot' Tab.  Could be under a 'Configuration Tab'.  I don't have an HP at my desk at the moment or I'd check for you.  

18 minutes ago, jmc15john said:

delete the other two partitions, HPDocs & BuildPart

Is it okay if  I dont want to delete these  and go ahead with  windows installation ...  any problem ?

It's ok, but if it's at the front of your disk partition it's only going to slow down your OS.  And unless you're dead set on using FreeDos at a later time I would recommend deleting it. 

It will still work though if you don't.  

25 minutes ago, jmc15john said:

Once you get into the bios look around, every Bios is different, but it'll probably be under a 'Boot' Tab. 

This is my BIOS screenshot https://prnt.sc/i98cwp

I am not sure what to click here...too many menu/submenus .

N.B : I am booting windows from pendrive 

24 minutes ago, jmc15john said:

Disable "Legacy Support" & Try again booting from your Flash Drive.  

Another one for this, make sure you change the boot order though, or use the boot menu, as your current setup will bypass your USB installer.

Installed Windows finally.

why I  dont find Wi-Fi icon ?

Also in Device Manager >Network adapter ...it shows  there is no wi-adapter but bluetooth only 

how to fix this ?

Your going to need to wire in with an Ethernet cable & go to HP's website and download the wifi driver.  You may also have luck running windows update & asking for updates for other Microsoft products to get your driver.  If you don't have Ethernet access you'll have to download the driver from another PC & put it on your pen drive to transfer the installer.  

34 minutes ago, Deep_Level_Shark said:

Installed Windows finally.

why I  dont find Wi-Fi icon ?

Also in Device Manager >Network adapter ...it shows  there is no wi-adapter but bluetooth only 

how to fix this ?

you may need to manually install some drivers from HP website or the wifi chip manufacturer website if realtek or another

seeing as the Laptop came with Free-DOS I wonder if there ARE drivers for Windows 10.

looking up the model on HP's website seems to support no Windows drivers as well

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05638240

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15q-bu000-laptop-pc/15551416/model/18017657

3 minutes ago, jmc15john said:

Your going to need to wire in with an Ethernet cable & go to HP's website and download the wifi driver.  You may also have luck running windows update & asking for updates for other Microsoft products to get your driver.  If you don't have Ethernet access you'll have to download the driver from another PC & put it on your pen drive to transfer the installer.  

no windows drivers from HP on that model on their website. it looks like HP did not intend on the machine running windows :/

okay.  I have Ethernet working .  Its not easy to find the required drivers and install manually.

Does the HP Software Assistant downloads all the required drivers and install automatically ? 

Is there any  automatic process which would make life easier ?

In my experience, Windows 10 does a good job of finding drivers for you. if you can now connect to the internet, I would run a Windows Update as soon as possible.

4 minutes ago, Deep_Level_Shark said:

okay.  I have Ethernet working .  Its not easy to find the required drivers and install manually.

Does the HP Software Assistant downloads all the required drivers and install automatically ? 

Is there any  automatic process which would make life easier ?

If having problems finding what driver, go in to he driver settings for the device and copy off the hardware ID.  Can an just control/C to copy it.  Then do a search in the hardware ID.

HP also has a program called HP Support Assistant to update/install drivers.  Should install the drivers and can schedule auto updates.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl_ot_ob_ds_pd/hpsupportassistant_cc/dt

You can also enter the system serial number on HPs site and it will list drivers for your system.

1 minute ago, Deep_Level_Shark said:

yes but it goes off the drivers listed on their site so I don't think it will work for your situation.

you'll probably need a driver scanner. most are shareware but allow a free scan to list what drivers you need. from there you should be able to download the listed drivers manually from their respective manufacturer website

here's one scanner https://downloads.tomsguide.com/DriverScanner-,0301-48698.html

8 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

yes but it goes off the drivers listed on their site so I don't think it will work for your situation.

you'll probably need a driver scanner. most are shareware but allow a free scan to list what drivers you need. from there you should be able to download the listed drivers manually from their respective manufacturer website

here's one scanner https://downloads.tomsguide.com/DriverScanner-,0301-48698.html

Here is a better one: https://sdi-tool.org/download/

8 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Here is the support site for HP for the model yo listed.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15q-bu000-laptop-pc/15551416/model/18017657

Likes like there are Win10 drivers.  So the HP Assistant should grab them for you or you can DL them manually and install.

if you select Windows 10 it says no drivers available unfortunately. this is the reason i listed a driver scanner. HP did not intend on this model running Windows it seems

1 minute ago, Brandon H said:

if you select Windows 10 it says no drivers available unfortunately. this is the reason i listed a driver scanner. HP did not intend on this model running Windows it seems

Win10 drivers are listed for me when I access the site.

5 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Win10 drivers are listed for me when I access the site.

this is what I see when i try to pull up the drivers from your link

image.thumb.png.3a84df2ba7616daeb467651bd8ba82d6.png

unless I'm going crazy

edit: after reloading like 10 times the page is now showing drivers, HP website must be having issues today :wacko:

good news for OP :)

4 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

edit: after reloading like 10 times the page is now showing drivers, HP website must be having issues today :wacko:

good news for OP :)

And here I was about ready to call you crazy.  :p

On 2/2/2018 at 2:17 PM, Brandon H said:

you may need to manually install some drivers from HP website or the wifi chip manufacturer website if realtek or another

seeing as the Laptop came with Free-DOS I wonder if there ARE drivers for Windows 10.

looking up the model on HP's website seems to support no Windows drivers as well

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05638240

no windows drivers from HP on that model on their website. it looks like HP did not intend on the machine running windows :/

OR the drivers are now only available from the ODM/OEM (that is far from unique to HP) - I've seen this with every portable brand under the moon (let alone sun).  If the wired LAN drivers are available (at least in MOST cases, Windows will detect those on the fly, if they are from any of Ethernet's Old Men - such as Intel, 3Com, etc. - and as far as WIRED Ethernet, you can now include Realtek in that number).  Part of the problem with wired Ethernet and portables is that it's only a mere 100mbps - in all too many cases, wireless is faster; among my portables, only the Asus X54C has gigabit wired Ethernet - however, it's not only the newest of the three, it's also the only Core-i among my hardware at all.)

That same problem is why I'll be investing in at least two more wSky USB wireless Ethernet dongles - Mom had bought one last year (at my recommendation) for better wireless performance (specifically 5 GHz N; these will be for general use - one for whichever notebook I am using - with a second for the "spares" drawer).  Windows 10 RS2 (Fall Creator's Update) is the floor among all the PCs in the house - which supports the adapter directly via included drivers; this was something I specifically tested with all the portables AND my desktop.