So, whats the deal with KB4058258 - OS Build 16299.214

Am I missing something here? There was an article posted on Jan 31st here - https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-releases-windows-10-build-16299214---heres-whats-new

However I am not seeing this on any personal systems via Windows Update, and it is nowhere to be found on WSUS. I see updates for both x86 and x64 and it is in the "Update" category via the manual page - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4058258

Curious if anyone else is as confused as I am and not seeing this thing?

17 minutes ago, NinjaGinger said:

Eset and Intel 7700

Same, NOD32 here and i7-8700k

I have another laptop that is a Core i5 something and Windows Defender, no update via WU either. So I dunno if they pulled it or what.

9 hours ago, xendrome said:

Same, NOD32 here and i7-8700k

I have another laptop that is a Core i5 something and Windows Defender, no update via WU either. So I dunno if they pulled it or what.

Ive got a team brief this avvo, ill check with my SCCM team for you, from what i understand it is not available via WSUS or WU.com, its only windows catalogue. 

54 minutes ago, Xahid said:

Funny, I install the KB4058258 without any error, but my Build still shows 16299.198

hes asking why its not being offered in WU.com or WSUS? Only Ms catalogue.

21 minutes ago, Mando said:

hes asking why its not being offered in WU.com or WSUS? Only Ms catalogue.

He is right, I have downloaded it from MS Catalogue too, and I remember there are few update only available at Windows Update not in MS Catalogue,

This can only be answered by MS itself.

19 minutes ago, Xahid said:

He is right, I have downloaded it from MS Catalogue too, and I remember there are few update only available at Windows Update not in MS Catalogue,

This can only be answered by MS itself.

Yep, im bringing it up in my team brief and a scheduled call with MS later ;) 

45 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Googling the KB number and reading some other forums, some people are saying they got it via Windows Update. Which is the reason for confusion.

ill get the lowdown this avvo directly from MS mate.

from the last convo from Redmond via our corp, they stated the KB will not be made available anywhere but the WUC page. so either they "microsofted up" or it has changed tack....suspect its the former on MS part.

Definition :- "Microsofted" when the documented plan of release gets thrown out of the window and they wing it. Sadly too often to be funny anymore.

21 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Hey @Mando any word?

doh mate!

totally slipped my mind with everything up in the air at work. (Got promoted on thurs)

Ill get confirmation tomorrow for ya mate, sorry!

• Like 2