66 days of uptime.. or "post your uptime"

Or.. Holy moly how unoptimized android is for being always on, it gets all laggy, skippy. Until I hit smart doctor it kinda improves. Tempted to see how much longer I can go.

pVtgo3z.jpg

I see your 66 days and raise you:

uptime.thumb.jpg.5ef68a4b8eb451842fb6373d84754118.jpg

27121 hours = 1130 days = 3+ years.

Up since January 5th 2015.

To give some context this phone is used to play the on-hold music for our phone system, it replaced a really old cd player which failed. As you might notice I had to file away some of the phones case for the jack to fit in.

The phone runs Android 4.1 with the Apollo MP3 player from Cyanogenmod looping some royalty free music.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

I see your 66 days and raise you:

uptime.thumb.jpg.5ef68a4b8eb451842fb6373d84754118.jpg

27121 hours = 1130 days = 3+ years.

Up since January 5th 2015.

To give some context this phone is used to play the on-hold music for our phone system, it replaced a really old cd player which failed. As you might notice I had to file away some of the phones case for the jack to fit in.

The phone runs Android 4.1 with the Apollo MP3 player from Cyanogenmod looping some royalty free music.

Well it counts! :laugh:

Brownie points for the filing :rofl:

But how about some devices with day to day usage!

About 8 days...when the last security patch was installed. About the only time the phone gets restarted is when it receives a patch.

6 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

But how about some devices with day to day usage!

If you had asked me yesterday my OnePlus One would have been at 40ish days, however it's at 8 hours at the moment.

Just now, InsaneNutter said:

If you had asked me yesterday my OnePlus One would have been at 40ish days, however it's at 8 hours at the moment.

How did it behave, normally?

I'm at 45 hours at the moment. I was messing around in Tasker trying to get it to change the wallpaper to a random picture every 15 minutes and so I had to keep switching it off and on to test. But if I had to guess I would say 2 or 3 weeks normally.

Just now, Nick H. said:

I'm at 45 hours at the moment. I was messing around in Tasker trying to get it to change the wallpaper to a random picture every 15 minutes and so I had to keep switching it off and on to test. But if I had to guess I would say 2 or 3 weeks normally.

and how do you feel your experience is at 3 weeks? laggy?

On 2/6/2018 at 5:15 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

Or.. Holy moly how unoptimized android is for being always on, it gets all laggy, skippy. Until I hit smart doctor it kinda improves. Tempted to see how much longer I can go.

Unoptimized Android? What phone and Android version do you have? Sorry but my phone runs just fine with no lags and no need to reboot. Granted, I never get past about 30 days because of monthly security updates.

1 minute ago, oldtimefighter said:

Unoptimized Android? What phone and Android version do you have? Sorry but my phone runs just fine with no lags and no need to reboot. Granted, I never get past about 30 days because of monthly security updates.

LG G6...

Just now, Draconian Guppy said:

LG G6...

You don't get security updates? Carrier phones do suck and have a lot of added crap and bloat so blaming Android is probably unfair.

1 minute ago, oldtimefighter said:

You don't get security updates? Carrier phones do suck and have a lot of added crap and bloat so blaming Android is probably unfair.

Nope, Unlocked model (Eg no carrier) so no bloat besides that of LG, but yeah, anything non-nexus-non-pixel flatout sucks.

8 minutes ago, oldtimefighter said:

See I thought it was because it may have been an older phone. It's surprised me that that's the case with an LG G6. My G4 was pretty rock solid until the bootloop issue hit. 

It struggled with a few games that I used to play, but for most every day tasks/apps it was fine with not being rebooted unless it had an issue

I'm currently on a measly 32 hours. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

See I thought it was because it may have been an older phone. It's surprised me that that's the case with an LG G6. My G4 was pretty rock solid until the bootloop issue hit. 

It struggled with a few games that I used to play, but for most every day tasks/apps it was fine with not being rebooted unless it had an issue

I'm currently on a measly 32 hours. 

aye, my old g3 didn't have this much hiccups as well, i'm guessing this is just unoptimized build for this phone. After and if i get Oreo, i'll do a clean reset, see if that improves, currently rocking 68 days. hiccupy (I mean, like minor hiccups, no major lag, just whatsapp taking a bit to open, swiftkeyboard )

20 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

How did it behave, normally?

Yes it was fine. The only reason it got restarted was because I fell asleep without putting it on charge.

I've always found my OnePlus One to be very responsive, now that OnePlus no longer support it i simply update it every couple of months with a custom rom. For a phone i've had for 3 and a half years i'd honestly say it's a responsive as the day I got it.

This is the longest i've ever had a phone and not felt the need to upgrade. In comparison my phone previous to that, the Galaxy Nexus, was really slow and laggy after a while. That would get re-started frequently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

Yes it was fine. The only reason it got restarted was because I fell asleep without putting it on charge.

I've always found my OnePlus One to be very responsive, now that OnePlus no longer support it i simply update it every couple of months with a custom rom. For a phone i've had for 3 and a half years i'd honestly say it's a responsive as the day I got it.

This is the longest i've ever had a phone and not felt the need to upgrade. In comparison my phone previous to that, the Galaxy Nexus, was really slow and laggy after a while. That would get re-started frequently.

Interesting, a little question on longetivity, have you noticed any battery performance decrease?

2 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Interesting, a little question on longetivity, have you noticed any battery performance decrease?

I play Pokemon Go on my way to and from work, so it's quite hard to judge as that will drain up to 50% of my battery per hour.

On days when i don't play Pokemon the phone will still last a normal days usage perfectly fine, however when the phone was new could often get two days out of it.

Android 4.4.4 seemed a lot more battery friendly on this phone than 5.0 and beyond. I did notice quite an impact once the 5.0 upgrade was pushed out.

These days more than anything I think Google Play Services are responsible for quite a bit of battery drain, when randomly looking at the battery usage at the end of a day that's always on 15-20%.

• 2 weeks later...