New Mid/High-End Keeps Crashing with Clean Windows Installation and Drivers

Hi guys,

I’m having troubles with a new mid/high end PC and can’t find the problem, so I’m here for help… Basically, it hangs up, sometimes with a BSOD and sometimes I just have to manually reset it.

This started to happen 2 months ago, when windows got updated. That time, the BSOD had a variety of Stop codes, like machine check exception; clock watchdog timeout and few others. The solution was to recover to a point before windows update and stop those updates for 30 days (the maximum days windows let you). That pretty much worked, BUT after those 30 days windows got updated again… and those hangs up returned.

So, I decided to format the disk and do a clean windows installation, which worked for 1 week before pc starting to hangs up again! The 1st Stop Code I got (other times didn’t get a BSOD, the pc just freezes and had to reset it) was SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (fltmgr.sys + ntoskrnl.exe). After many restarts, I reinstalled the GPU drivers and got a full day of heavy use without any problem. But late that day, the pc got suspended and after a wake up it immediately got stuck again, and after that I got like 8 freezes in a row, with different stop codes:

-          IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (ntoskrnl.exe)

-          WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR (stuck in 0%, no minidump)

-          CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT (stuck in 0%, no minidump)

Every driver is updated, BIOS also, no virus/malwares/etc, and there’s not a pointed action where it crashes, it can be on starts up, while playing, or while surfing the web. Yesterday I used it for 8 hs perfectly, and today I got already 5 crashes in a row.

The weird thing is almost the same happened like 5 months ago with another GPU (Radeon RX 570), where things pointed out that was a hardware issue and changed it for a GTX 1070. Everything was fine until that windows update…

Well, I’m uploading screenshots of BlueScreenView and WhoCrashed, and a HiJackThis log. PC spects:

-          I7 7700K

-          GTX 1070

-          270z gaming K5

-          Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x4GB

Thanks in advice!

DropBox Images and Log

From my experience if there is a BSOD its normally got to do with hardware issues or bad indexing problem.

Try "chkdsk /f" from cmd prompt enabled as Administrator.  Also really i do not understand with the nature of people when they update.

Every Update now and then is not important, i havn't installed any updates (just did it once). Thats enough for me.

But from your post, u mentioned BSOD started after updating, sometimes, Win 7 Updates display drivers which might conflict with the one you

install for your graphic card. Just don't update any and every drivers, believe me Update is not the solution.

Perhaps OP could give some solutions that will work.

Virus and malware rarely creates that kind of problem, it will freeze your pc but rarely you'll experience BSOD.