Win7 Ultimate (Activation Backup. Is it possible)?

ShadowDefender

Hello guys, whats up.

I am in a desperate need of some professional solution from you. You see i have Win7 Ultimate (x32bit) edition installed in my PC.

My machine came pre-installed with Win XP at first. I got a DVD from one of my friend and it was a Win 7 (x32bit) edition Starter Disc.

Please see the image.

5a7dd502981b3_Win7Starter2.thumb.jpg.f7c45d2b67d1741e0c2a752cb4d360db.jpg

I had made an image of Win 7 Ultimate (After inserting Anytime Upgrade Key from Starter to Ultimate) by the default Win7 Backup and Restore function.

I have at least two image (Pretty useless because they already have this indexing problem) .

But again recently that copy of Win 7 Ultimate went bad due to severe indexing problem due to enabling Hibernate function. I had to perform a lot of

"chkdsk" function to set it right. Lets be plain and simple, my pc began to have errors, it became so bad that it showed continued BSOD (Blue Screen).

So with the fear of it showing some sector problems. I had to reformat and install Win 7 again from Starter to Ultimate.

Its really f****d up thing i have to do again and again. I am getting tired and old of these things.

Really! i am getting old for these kind of things. But somewhere here in this post (This is the post) i saw the Activation Settings can be backed up.

So i took time to search few tools like:

1. ABR (Activation Backup and Restore) Website
  2. Advanced Tokens Manager 3.5 RC5 Website

But these tools work on machine that came out of factory that has OEM license.

I tried the first tool, it didn't work. It couldn't activate Win 7 and the second tool ask to install .Net Framework 4.0.30319.

(Let me tell you i do not have a Activation key for Win7 Ultimate; that friend installed it once and his number count has expired too.)

Which doesn't want to be installed in my PC. It says, "It cannot be installed in this version of Windows". Again pretty useless.

Mine version of Win 7 ( if installed from a Disc will naturally fall on Retail version; Yes)

I could restore those old image and backup those Win 7 Ultimate Activation Settings and apply it on the fresh copy of Win 7. Yes.

So theoretically its possible but i am having difficulties finding those tools.

What i want is, is there a possibility for me to do this.

Awaiting your reply. I have only 3 more days to Activate again. I can again restore the image and do this again and again as i am not

in hurry. But i am also not particularly fond of doing this again and again.

Any suggestion would be of great help to me.

I do not know if it can be done. Have you faced such situation.

Eric

Have you tried calling Microsoft to activate it? That is an OEM copy so technically the license is only valid for the machine it's first installed on but they've been known to bend a bit and reactivate it.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Copernic
      Bvckup 2 Release 81.7
      by Razvan Serea

Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.

Bvckup 2 features:

Real-time, scheduled and manual backups Very fast, delta file copying Excellent user interface Backup of locked files with shadow copying Removable device tracking Move/rename detection Windows XP and newer Full 64-bit support Run-as-a-service mode Symlink and junction support Ownership, group and DACL copying Fully asynchronous I/O Multi-core processing where required Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat Software update notifications Bvckup 2 Release 81.7 changelog:

Added an option for discarding delta state based on its age or usage. It is now possible to have files re-copied in full after they were delta-copied either a certain number of times or for a certain amount of time. See https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/1358 for configuration details and https://bvckup2.com/wip/06092020 for screenshots. Fixed an issue with bi-monthly backup scheduling. Fixed a couple of typos in backup log messages. Download: Bvckup 2 Release 81.7 | 2.5 MB (Free trial)
      View: Bvckup 2 Home Page | Discounts | Release Notes

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By News Staff
      Save 50% off the price of Zinstall FullBack Computer Backup license
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Apps + Software section of the Neowin Deals store, where for only a limited time, you can save 50% off a Zinstall FullBack Computer Backup. Your 5-minute easy install, automatic backup for all of your computer files.

What's the deal?
      Zinstall FullBack is a fully automatic backup of your entire computer. The FullBack Light covers all your files and constantly updates, It does not slow down your computer, and won’t bother you with questions or technical configurations. Your data is 100% protected from ransomware virus attacks. Even if your computer is compromised or encrypted, your backup stays safe and you can restore everything. You don't need to be a technical guru to use FullBack. Simply install it in 5 minutes, forget about it, and you’ll thank yourself when the time comes.

FullBack Light automatically backs up your files Keep your backup on a USB external hard drive, network drive, Cloud storage such as Dropbox, OneDrive or Amazon, or even your computer itself Backup is 100% protected from ransomware virus attacks Easy installation in 5 minutes & automatic backup starts Good to know
      Length of access: lifetime of the computer Device per license: 1 Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase Software version: 2.7 Updates included For terms, specs and license info, click here.

What's the benefit?
      Zinstall FullBack Computer Backup normally costs $99 but it can be yours for only $49, that's a saving of $50 (50%) off!

There's also a discount available for the Pro version.

>> Get this deal, or learn more about it <<
      See all Apps + Software on offer. This is a time limited deal.
      Get $1 credit for every $25 spent · Give $10, Get $10 · 10% off for first-time buyers.

Not for you?
      If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out the following offers:

The Nintendo Gaming Bundle Giveaway 20% off Ivacy VPN subscription with coupon code IVACY20 NordVPN subscription at up to 70% off Private Internet Access VPN subscription at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Disable Sponsored posts · Other recent deals · Preferred partner software

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.

• By Hamza Jawad
      Azure Blob storage gets NFS 3.0 support in preview
      by Hamza Jawad

At its virtual Build conference in May, Microsoft announced that its Azure NetApp Files service had reached 99.99% availability. With regards to more recent news on its cloud storage space, the firm unveiled general availability for the shared disks capability earlier this month.

Today, Microsoft has made a public preview of Network File System (NFS) 3.0 support available for Azure Blob storage. For those unaware of NFS, the protocol enables client computers to access files over a network in a similar manner to which local storage would be accessed.

As far as Blob storage is concerned, Microsoft introduced support for the capability to enable firms to migrate data to the cloud storage solution while limiting the complications introduced through data silos. Some customers are also noted to have requested the feature to allow for the reusing of code from on-premise solutions to access files.

More specifically, the tech giant has described the following use cases in which NFS 3.0 support should prove to be useful:

For now, the preview is available only to BlockBlobStorage type accounts with premium tier performance in the U.S. East, U.S. Central, and Canada Central regions. GPV2 accounts with standard performance will also be getting support for the new protocol soon, though no particular timeline for the rollout has been specified.

With regards to pricing, test data in NFS 3.0-enabled accounts will be charged the same capacity rates that apply for Blob storage per GB/month. Pricing for transactions will be detailed further when the feature reaches GA. You can learn more about NFS 3.0 in Azure Blob storage here, and provide suggestions for future improvements by emailing Microsoft at azurenfspreview@microsoft.com.

• By eRajesh
      Google Photos will no longer backup your chat media from WhatsApp, Facebook, and others
      by Rajesh Pandey

Google has announced that it will no longer backup media from chat apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter to Google Photos. The company was testing this change earlier this month and has now rolled it out to all Google Photos users.

The company is only changing the default settings in Google Photos to ensure that it does not backup media content from messaging apps. The move is a temporary one by Google and it notes in its announcement that since people are sharing more photos and videos, it is changing the default Google Photos settings "to save internet resources." A notification for this change will also show up in the Google Photos app. The full list of apps was not announced by Google but the confirmed apps include WhatsApp, Messages, Kik, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LINE.

Your existing chat media that's backed up to Google Photos will not be affected by this change in any way. You can also manually enable the feature from within the Google Photos app to ensure that all your chat media continues to get backed up.

Google had previously throttled streaming on YouTube to help preserve internet resources. Netflix and other streaming providers had also made similar changes a couple of months ago.

• By kiddingguy
      My brother has a new iPhone XR (used to have an iPhone 6).
      At this moment it's not possible for him to create a WhatsApp backup to iCloud.
      He's running iOS12. iCloud Drive is turned on in settings, as well as WhatsApp.
      iPhone is 16GB of storage (with almost 11 GB for system files, and there's almost no extra way to clean up additional substantial free space)
      He's latest WhatsApp-backup is made October 2019.

Situation:
      WhatsApp has been downloaded with his 'old' (personal) Apple ID.
      Now he's logged in with his work Apple ID (with enough storage for backup on iCloud) and probably created a new WhatsApp account with his work phonenumber (that I'm not sure)

On WhatsApp FAQ I see
      "There must be enough free space on both your iCloud and iPhone. You need to have at least 2.05 times the space available in your iCloud account and on your phone than the actual size of your backup."

Does this mean that also space on the iPhone 6 has to be freed and created (although there is none), before creating (and uploading) the backup?
      Or is the only remedy to use third party tools, like dr.fone or alike, to have a backup made locally on his computer and be transferred to his new iPhone?