Firefox: How do you manager your tabs?

I am still using FF 56 on my main system.  The only reason I am doing so is that I really like the Tabmix Pro extension and it is questionable if it will ever work with FFQ.   I like TMP because of all the additional customization I can do with the tabs.  Been using it for a long time and will be missed.  But not being up to date with FF is annoying the hell out of me.  So, was curious how others manger their tabs.  I looked at Tree Style Tab extension for FFQ and still tinkering with it.  So far, eh. 

And just saw there is a sub forum for web browser discussion and support.  So if a MOD sees, feel free to move.

Looking at TMP's features, it looks like a few extensions would be required to mimic all of the same functionality in FFQ. I have a few of them myself, but what is it specifically you want the replacement extension to do?

FoxyTab is one which I think performs a lot of  the same features TPM did.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2018 at 3:05 PM, Andrew said:

Looking at TMP's features, it looks like a few extensions would be required to mimic all of the same functionality in FFQ. I have a few of them myself, but what is it specifically you want the replacement extension to do?

FoxyTab is one which I think performs a lot of  the same features TPM did.

Forgot about this thread...

TMP, several features I use.  Resize tabs, many options to change what happens when you click/double click/middle click.....change how, when, and where tabs are opened.   Just to name a few.   I may just have to bite the bullet and learn to live without.  But I have been using TMP for years and will be like kicking a bad habit.

11 hours ago, techbeck said:

Just looked.  Still missing several things I need.  But looks like they are working on it.

You can track the progress for development version and see for the features getting implemented. It is still making progress back and Mozilla is more sensible to implement required APIs back (at least some) in Web Extensions. So it would be at least half decent compared to others.

Link - http://tabmixplus.org/support/viewpage.php?t=1

10 hours ago, Zlip792 said:

You can track the progress for development version and see for the features getting implemented. It is still making progress back and Mozilla is more sensible to implement required APIs back (at least some) in Web Extensions. So it would be at least half decent compared to others.

Link - http://tabmixplus.org/support/viewpage.php?t=1

I got the site bookmarked.  Will keep an eye on it for sure.  Stuck on FF 56 for now.   Which is fine and I can deal with it a little longer.

On 3/7/2018 at 1:09 AM, techbeck said:

Forgot about this thread...

TMP, several features I use.  Resize tabs, many options to change what happens when you click/double click/middle click.....change how, when, and where tabs are opened.   Just to name a few.   I may just have to bite the bullet and learn to live without.  But I have been using TMP for years and will be like kicking a bad habit.

I know the feeling. I had to bite the bullet and upgrade without some of my favourite extensions or find alternatives. It's not so bad once you get over the initial hump and certainly beats changing browser completely :p