my 7.1 speakers dont work on windows 10

Based on the abundance of detailed info given, Im gonna suggest you get the manufactures drivers NOT the ones from Windows Update and configure it correctly.

My 4.1 setup works just fine in Windows 10

• Like 3

Go to playback devices (right click speaker icon) and configure your speakers to use 7.1 instead of the default 2 speakers. if it doesn't show 7.1 use the name of the device to locate windows 10 drivers. :)

done 7.1 but still it don't work  ,I don't understand why not I did the hiss sound test all speakers work but no 7.1 

the speakers that don't work I can hear a very low beating sound on the ones that have no sound

Checked the jacks are fully in? even a few millimetres can disrupt the other 5.1 channels especially if its a 1 jack for all 7.1 channels. :) ..and if you used the test button from the picture above you should hear instruments pinging each speaker and not hissing.

its not the jacks as I did the test and the instrument played in every speaker  but still I only get sound in two speakers  and sub .can you bye outside 7.1 soundcard? .or do you think the speakers have packed up  when it play in just two speakers I pick the ones up that don't have sound and hear a very low beating sound 

If you are connecting using the Optical Out on a RealTek sound card, you should know that Microsoft has repeatedly broken and fixed the problem several times since Windows 10 launched.  The last I checked it was broken again... 

25 minutes ago, lethalman said:

anyone else know what more I cound do here whys 7.1 not working on windows 10 pc 

I still say get the audio driver from the manufacturer and not WU

I have 7.1 option even though I only have 4.1 (Realtek onboard audio and Win10)

is thare a site I can detect my soundcard I know its built in to the moutherbored  ,be awesome if  you know ware I can detect it?

1 hour ago, Shiranui said:

I think you need 10.1 speakers for Windows 10.

Clue's in the name, mate.

whats 10.1 speakers for Windows 10. ?

4 minutes ago, lethalman said:

whats 10.1 speakers for Windows 10. ?

He was being sarcastic...

Go to your motherboard's website. Find your specific board. Go to downloads.

Or go to Realtec's site...

6 hours ago, lethalman said:

so when I get the download do I just install the moutherbored driver or will it mess it up    its MSI P67A-G45 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/P67AG45_B3#down-driver&Win10 64

Go there and select x86 or x64 version of Windows 10 (depending on what version your running), download the audio driver.

Unzip the file it downloads, then go into the unzipped folder double click setup.exe to install and when it asks to restart, do so.

Once windows reboots, rerun the speaker config and check 7.1 output via the applet in windows.

• Like 2

will do this thank you  but I'm panicking will it mess my pc up if it goes a bad way  all am I just updating the audio driver ,how can I tell the number of my windows 10 I think its 64 but like to check on the safe side ware do I please check too  

What are you trying to play?

What are you using to play it?

The fact you hear the speakers make sounds in sequence when using the 7.1 test shows 7.1 IS working from Windows 10 but what you are trying to play may not use all those speakers.