KFC chicken shortage closes outlets [Update] Second week / no GRAVY!

1 minute ago, Brys said:

The state of the world today...

Funny, I almost made a prejudiced anti-american comment before I realized this was happening in the UK.

... Well, I guess I can replace it with a prejudiced anti-UK joke :

I guess people are panicking because now they have to actually eat their awful english food instead ?

Yes, the traditional meat and two veg :p

meattwoveg.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Brys said:

I joked but now that I see them I want to eat a mouthful of them beans

Not a mouthful of sausage? :shifty: There is no chicken after all! :p 

• Like 2

• Steven P. changed the title to KFC chicken shortage closes outlets [Update] DAY FIVE

I think this is all some clever marketing ploy. Since reading about the closure all I can think is, "mmm, I could go for some KFC." We don't even have KFC in Switzerland! I'll have to go to some KFC-wannabe chippy this evening after multiple drinks!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I think this is all some clever marketing ploy. 

Doubt it. They've incurred some serious financial losses. That ad is just damage control.

Since reading about the closure all I can think is, "mmm, I could go for some KFC." We don't even have KFC in Switzerland! I'll have to go to some KFC-wannabe chippy this evening after multiple drinks!

How about Burger King? Their chicken sandwich is almost the same as the one from KFC.

5 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

How about Burger King? Their chicken sandwich is almost the same as the one from KFC.

Burger King isn't big here, there's one miles away at the train station or at Amsterdam Airport brrrrr

1 minute ago, Mirumir said:

Doubt it. They've incurred some serious financial losses. That ad is just damage control. How about Burger King? Their chicken sandwich is almost the same.

I guess I forgot to include the joke tag. :laugh:

I think there is one burger king in Geneva. If I went there I wouldn't be going for a chicken sandwich!

24 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I guess I forgot to include the joke tag. :laugh:

I think there is one burger king in Geneva. If I went there I wouldn't be going for a chicken sandwich!

whopper-bk.jpg

:drool::ike:

8 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

whopper-bk.jpg

Call me boring, but I'd take a double bacon cheeseburger. I'm not sure I ever understood the rave about the whopper. That said, I remember having similar feelings towards the Big Mac, then I had one a few years back and went, "huh. Actually that's pretty good" (as far as cheap fast-food goes).

2 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Call me boring, but I'd take a double bacon cheeseburger. I'm not sure I ever understood the rave about the whopper. That said, I remember having similar feelings towards the Big Mac, then I had one a few years back and went, "huh. Actually that's pretty good" (as far as cheap fast-food goes).

55342c6c7022ebacon_double_cheeseburger_1440x640.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:You are right!

KFC....just a box of grease.  Unless it is fresh, normally soggy.  In the states if I am looking for fast food chicken, I normally opt for Churches on the west coast or Boston Market.  Local grocery store here has pretty good friend chicken as well.  There is also a local town place called Country School Chicken that is pretty good.

KFC....meh.

7 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

And DHL will be liable for all of those...

I'm all for it, especially if they can cover for franchisees' operational expenses and lost revenue.

Don't care much about the franchisor.

44 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

Gonna raise you all with McShrimps! Unprocessed whole shrimps. Only in Russia :heart:. You lose. :laugh:

McShrimps.thumb.jpg.f9027571a1bc5b7fa30c7b3f0213edb6.jpg

Fast food shrimp is normally  :x.  Culvers in the states has decent shrimp though.  Otherwise, I go to a seafood restaurant if I want shrimp .

1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

whopper-bk.jpg

To bad they NEVER look like that.

58 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

C That said, I remember having similar feelings towards the Big Mac, then I had one a few years back and went, "huh. Actually that's pretty good" (as far as cheap fast-food goes).

Big Mac used to be well, bigger.  Either that, or I am older and bigger and remember it wrong.   I do not eat burgers much these days, prefer chicken, fish, and pork,  but McDs has the Grand Macs again and I had one last night.

7 minutes ago, techbeck said:

KFC....just a box of grease.  Unless it is fresh, normally soggy.  In the states if I am looking for fast food chicken, I normally opt for Churches on the west coast or Boston Market.  Local grocery store here has pretty good friend chicken as well.  There is also a local town place called Country School Chicken that is pretty good.

KFC....meh.

Exactly.  I'm still trying to figure out what all the panic is about.  Most KFC restaurants I pass in the states have just the employee cars in the lot.  Rarely is there more than 3-4 customers ever seen.

3 hours ago, techbeck said:

Big Mac used to be well, bigger.  Either that, or I am older and bigger and remember it wrong.   I do not eat burgers much these days, prefer chicken, fish, and pork,  but McDs has the Grand Macs again and I had one last night.

I had to look it up, but:

big-mac-3-coverjpg.jpg

:drool:all this is making me hungry guyzzzz! :drool: