KFC chicken shortage closes outlets [Update] Second week / no GRAVY!

I went to KFC in the US once...

WTF is with them serving mashed potato and biscuits?!

It's a genuine question btw. Here in the UK it's pretty much deep fried chicken, chips and gravy/beans with not much more to offer!

• Like 1

On 2/22/2018 at 7:43 AM, Brys said:

Are people seriously calling the police or is this a joke ? It's just a stupid fast food chain, go buy you garbage food somewhere else in the meantime !

... Millenials ! (jk)

Only in Ameri-- Oh...

:p

2 minutes ago, Biohead said:

It's a genuine question btw. Here in the UK it's pretty much deep fried chicken, chips and gravy/beans with not much more to offer!

It's standard cuisine for fried chicken here really. Is it KFC that does the dirty rice also? Or Popeyes? Either way, I looooove dirty rice. :D

2 minutes ago, Biohead said:

it's an American thing to pair mashed potatoes and biscuits with fried chicken I'm pretty sure.

41 minutes ago, Biohead said:

Aren't your gravy/beans typically served alongside bangers (sausages) as the infamous "bangers and mash"?  The mashed potato is the alternative to the beans (we actually imported the potato from the Irish - so blame them); the Irish Potato Famine happened due to the IPB (Irish Potato Blight) almost directly after the end of the War of 1812 - when the Irish themselves came over, they brought preserved potato stock with them, and the rest became spud history.  Here in the US, we also serve potatoes alongside bangers - home-fried or leftover mashed potatoes caked and then fried.  So it's the bean vs. the potato (UK vs. US) and the Irish Potato Blight (and the resultant Potato Famine) that is to blame there.  Unlike the Irish, we have never had a major potato blight (and potato-growing regions are a lot more widespread than in the UK as a whole, let alone merely Ireland as a whole - in fact, the only state I have even heard of where potatoes aren't grown at all is Alaska).  So if you don't want to blame the Irish, blame the lack of weather diversity to opening you up to blights that can wipe out whole major crops (we in the United States have found that out the hard way with everything from trees to even some food crops that are not climate-diverse enough - it is one reason that BARC (the Beltsville Agricultural Research Centre) exists).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dead.cell said:

Only in Ameri-- Oh...

:p

It's standard cuisine for fried chicken here really. Is it KFC that does the dirty rice also? Or Popeyes? Either way, I looooove dirty rice. :D

It's Popeyes who has the rice, also here in Florida we have Church's Chicken which is mostly breading... imho the best fried chicken is bought at Publix (grocery store), they have a really good deli!

On 22/02/2018 at 8:41 AM, xendrome said:

lol DHL..

I remember when DHL started domestic delivers in the US to try and compete with FedEx and UPS. That lasted 12 months and they were horrible. Everything was late, broken or lost.

They are still going very strong in USA. not sure what you mean "lasted 12 months"

12 hours ago, techbeck said:

KFC....just a box of grease.  Unless it is fresh, normally soggy.  In the states if I am looking for fast food chicken, I normally opt for Churches on the west coast or Boston Market.  Local grocery store here has pretty good friend chicken as well.  There is also a local town place called Country School Chicken that is pretty good.

KFC....meh.

12 hours ago, Rohdekill said:

Exactly.  I'm still trying to figure out what all the panic is about.  Most KFC restaurants I pass in the states have just the employee cars in the lot.  Rarely is there more than 3-4 customers ever seen.

KFC UK is very very different from KFC USA

KFC USA is super budget crap.. lowest of the low from what I have seen. KFC UK is a bit high end in comparison to other fast food joints. I even remember them bringing my order to my table.

this is based on 12-15 years old data... last time I ate KFC.

KFC in Japan is upscale and is a places Every one goes for Xmas because they think Sanders is Santa. it is clever marketing and Japan obsession with USA

15 hours ago, Mirumir said:

Which is another way of saying that they make close to nothing on burgers and must minimize their costs by procuring beef sub-products to stay afloat.

Thank you.

Just because Russia has no controls over what can and cannot be called "beef", don't presume other countries are the same. The UK is extremely strict as to what is allowed to be called beef, primarily due to the whole mad cow thing.  ANYTHING containing offal must be declared as such, so no, McD's burgers are not made of eyes and brains and whatever. They're made of 100% beef.  They may not use the prime cuts, but it's still actual muscle tissue, not organs.

12 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Just because Russia has no controls over what can and cannot be called "beef", don't presume other countries are the same. The UK is extremely strict as to what is allowed to be called beef, primarily due to the whole mad cow thing.  ANYTHING containing offal must be declared as such, so no, McD's burgers are not made of eyes and brains and whatever. They're made of 100% beef.  They may not use the prime cuts, but it's still actual muscle tissue, not organs.

A heart is a muscle, a bull's penis is a big f* muscle.

100% beef.

These things don't go to waste. 

Analysis of Burger Market Finds Unwanted Ingredients: Rat and Human DNA

Burgers contain rat and human DNA, study finds

Bon Appétit!

:laugh:

2 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

A heart is a muscle, a bull's penis is a big f* muscle.

100% beef.

These things don't go to waste. 

Analysis of Burger Market Finds Unwanted Ingredients: Rat and Human DNA

Burgers contain rat and human DNA, study finds

Bon Appétit!

:laugh:

American burgers might contain all sorts of crap, I wouldn't know as that's down to the FDA, but after the horse meat scandal in the UK a few years ago, you can be sure 100% beef in the UK is 100% beef. Regulatory control is ridiculously tight now, and that's even when horse meat is a perfectly safe meat to eat.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 6:23 PM, jnelsoninjax said:

It's Popeyes who has the rice, also here in Florida we have Church's Chicken which is mostly breading... imho the best fried chicken is bought at Publix (grocery store), they have a really good deli!

funny - i have a friend who lives in Sarasota who also swears by Publix's fried chicken.

• Steven P. changed the title to KFC chicken shortage closes outlets [Update] Second week / no GRAVY!

REpK0gd.jpg

Chicken supplies are back, but....

First chicken, now KFC runs out of GRAVY as delivery problems continue

gravy-2-e1519817474467.png

Some customers have been left "fuming" after discovering that even though their local KFC branch is open, the limited menu means there's still no gravy

Last week, the fried chicken chain was forced to close hundreds of its stores after catastrophic delivery problems left them without any chicken.

Suppliers have been told to bypass the DHL logistics warehouse in Rugby - where the problems stem - and deliver the ingredients straight to branches.

KFC has said that even though they've been able to open almost all 900 stores, they "still have a number of our other usual ingredients missing".

Now, frustrated customers are taking to Twitter after finding out that even though their local branch is open, they're still not selling the staple gravy side.

kfc-gravy-3.png

kfc-gravy-4.png

kfc-gravy-5.png

kfc-gravy-6.png

kfc-gravy-7.png

kfc-gravy-2.png

More of this painful experience for the British here at The Sun.

1 hour ago, Mirumir said:

KFC's parent company, Yum! Brands' stock is having an erection today...

image.thumb.png.ed904275b72470707d95c9132c5e7e8d.png

...on Pizza Hut's NFL announcement.

If you have any pizza hut stock HODL!

The great KFC famine is still in effect at my local, and all the talk of their problem has just made me crave it more and more :cry:

On 2/24/2018 at 1:13 AM, Jimmy #1 said:

KFC UK is very very different from KFC USA

KFC USA is super budget crap.. lowest of the low from what I have seen. KFC UK is a bit high end in comparison to other fast food joints. I even remember them bringing my order to my table.

this is based on 12-15 years old data... last time I ate KFC.

I think UK KFC is pretty decent, at least as far as fast food goes. I've not tried the US' menu, but I can imagine it will be very unhealthy considering their standards set by their regulators, and especially when you consider their prices vs the UK's. There's no way you're getting good quality chicken that cheap.