my harddrive is 516gb free off 1.36tb

How much space is free has zero to do with the posters question.. 

The point is his files make up X, while drive is showing that Y is being used which is way greater than X..

I don't hardly have anything on 1.36tb Drive  I don't understand ware the space has gone

16 hours ago, metallithrax said:

I'm wondering why nobody has mentioned that there is 500GB+ of free space and this person needs to free up space.  Seriously, you have 0.5TB of free space and you are wanting to free up more space.

Some people like to know what is eating up their data and keep their drives clean.  I periodically go through and clean up crap on my drives even though I have plenty of space.

9 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Some people like to know what is eating up their data and keep their drives clean.  I periodically go through and clean up crap on my drives even though I have plenty of space.

Yup. It's a lot easier to prevent a low space situation than to fix one.

the space is missing cos the drive is dying, nothing more, youve said it is clicking, HDD death inbound!

21 minutes ago, Mando said:

the space is missing cos the drive is dying, nothing more, youve said it is clicking, HDD death inbound!

0eae003fa393ae6f532c44e7457c94cb--data-r

I agree "CLICKING" is a problem... I mentioned this along with many others very early in the thread... You should check this drive with the tools from the maker.. After you move off whatever data you might want to keep or hope to keep that is on it, etc.

19 minutes ago, BudMan said:

I agree "CLICKING" is a problem... I mentioned this along with many others very early in the thread... You should check this drive with the tools from the maker.. After you move off whatever data you might want to keep or hope to keep that is on it, etc.

Yup! known to us in the trade as "The Click of death" caused normally by the actuator arm in the drive hitting a limiter.

That is the common term used to describe a hard disk that is clicking.  A clicking hard drive is usually a sign of a major mechanical problem, except in cases like the one mentioned above where System Area corruption can also be a cause. If there is nothing logically wrong with the drive, then it is definitely a mechanical issue.

https://acsdata.com/why-is-my-hard-drive-clicking/

E:\WindowsImageBackup,270288,3
E:\WindowsImageBackup\Owner-PC,270288,3
E:\WindowsImageBackup\Owner-PC\Backup 2016-07-06 055501,0,0
E:\WindowsImageBackup\Owner-PC\Catalog,270272,2
E:\WindowsImageBackup\Owner-PC\SPPMetadataCache,0,0

You're in a backup loop. You're backing up your hard drive to the same hard drive..  delete the Windows backup, get an external drive and start backing up there.  That will free all your space.  You can't see the size of the files because Windows changes the permissions on the folders to protect them.

14 minutes ago, Sensi said:

Sounds like a dead drive imo clicking noises are a concern glad i moved to ssd years ago 

We said this 100 times. Let the OP reply, please...

5 hours ago, Sensi said:

Sounds like a dead drive imo clicking noises are a concern glad i moved to ssd years ago 

SSD's are great for speed, but unlike a mechanical hard drive like this one which clicks to signal it's death, SSD's tend to die a bit more spontaneous, SSD? What SSD? I do agree with you though, clicky clicky ... time to backup, upgrade to an ssd definitely. Then get a 1TB storage drive.

• Like 2

ok I wound format it but I have this but I'm sure its not on this c harddrive,  when I go to disk clean up its  got you can free up more disk space when I click thare, add and remove programs come up but I'm sure thare not on this harddrive but why wound they show up ?. if they was on this 1tb harddrive  wound add and remove show up on RidNacs every think I mean it all every bit of software is on this hardrive from what RidNacs shows  I don't want to delete add and remove

5 minutes ago, lethalman said:

ok I wound format it but I have this but I'm sure its not on this c harddrive,  when I go to disk clean up its  got you can free up more disk space when I click thare, add and remove programs come up but I'm sure thare not on this harddrive but why wound they show up ?. if they was on this 1tb harddrive  wound add and remove show up on RidNacs every think I mean it all every bit of software is on this hardrive from what RidNacs shows  I don't want to delete add and remove

Sounds good to me.

8 minutes ago, lethalman said:

I am asking if RidNacs shows every bit of software and that add and remove has nothink to do with this drive

How about this.  First, tell us what your native language is and then use your Native language to write the question and we will throw it in a translator.  Because I have no idea what you are saying. No offense.

From what I understand about RidNac, it does not show programs installed on Windows but instead shows spaced used in folders on your C drive.

On 3/7/2018 at 4:36 AM, lethalman said:

no I have two harddrives  all windows is on Local Disk c  I don't hardly have anything on 1.36tb Drive  I don't understand ware the space has gone but I will say my hard drive mite of packed up when on it it makes sounds like clicking sounds its not freeing up any space how do I know for sure? that its packed up ?

Clicking sounds aren't good. Did you check the SMART status of the drive with something like HD Tune?