'Pharma bro' Martin Shkreli sentenced to 7 years in prison

Couldn't have happened to a nicer piece of scum...though too bad he didn't get the 15 years prosecutors wanted.

Notorious "pharma bro" Martin Shkreli, after making a sob-filled plea for leniency, was sentenced Friday to seven years in prison for federal fraud charges related to hedge funds and a drug company that he once ran.

"There one person to blame for me being here today is me," a choked-up Shkreli told a judge before she imposed the prison term. "Not the government. There is no conspiracy to take down Martin Shkreli."

"I took down Martin Shkreli with my disgraceful and shameful actions."

//

But it was also less than half the minimum 15-year term that prosecutors said they wanted Friday in from U.S. District Judge Kiyo Matsumoto in Brooklyn, New York, court.

Shkreli, who will get credit for six months he has already spent in jail since shortly after his conviction, also was sentenced to three years of probation after his release and ordered to pay a $75,000 fine.

/Snip

Full article at CNBC

My favorite part of the article was how he was brought to tears and choked-up during the sentencing. The way he handled himself during the accusations, was downright childish. "Pharma Bro" was a piece of work and total scum. Glad to hear he will be sitting behind bars. I hope someone releases the Wu-Tang album now.

1 hour ago, Circaflex said:

My favorite part of the article was how he was brought to tears and choked-up during the sentencing. The way he handled himself during the accusations, was downright childish. "Pharma Bro" was a piece of work and total scum. Glad to hear he will be sitting behind bars. I hope someone releases the Wu-Tang album now.

Didn't the FBI seize the album? I vaguely remember hearing about them seizing it...

Edit: found it https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/mar/06/martin-shkreli-wu-tang-clan-album-shaolin-seized-federal-court

1 hour ago, DocM said:

"Martin, meet your cell mate....Bubba. You boys have a good day now."

:laugh:

Better to pair him up with someone on Daraprim... :p