PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Mobile

Nick H.

Recently it was noted that Fortnite was going to come to mobile devices. I commented that I didn't know how it was going to work when you consider a PC player with a keyboard and mouse playing against someone on a mobile phone with just the touchscreen.

Last night I happened to see an advert in my FB Messenger for PUBG mobile. Curious, I went to the Store and took a look. Sure enough it was there, and it seems to be free.

I've downloaded it and given it a go. The first thing to note is that it seems that you are only playing with other people that are on mobile. That's fine by me as it removes the question of how to level the playing field (something that I don't think Fortnite has explained yet). The controls can be modified slightly, but the default controls are like any other shooter - the left side of the screen is for moving, the right side for aiming and shooting. On my Galaxy S7 I had to set the graphics to low, but I've got to say that they are still decent on that setting. If I try to bump it up from low I notice some framerate issues.

I haven't played PUBG on other systems, so I don't know how the gameplay compares, but I've got to say that for the 2 or 3 games I played last night it was pretty fun!

Has anyone else taken a look at it?

PsYcHoKiLLa

I installed it but I read it was US only at launch (which I thought was weird, would've thought it would be Asian servers firstly), you had no problems connecting and setting it up then?

Nick H.
2 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

I installed it but I read it was US only at launch (which I thought was weird, would've thought it would be Asian servers firstly), you had no problems connecting and setting it up then?

There is a message when you first open it saying that they are rolling it out over time to the various regions. But I'm in Switzerland and last night I had no problem. 

Mando

not tried it yet but i play pubg a lot on Pc.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By anmol112
      Indian Government says it has no intention of reversing the PUBG Mobile ban
      by Anmol Mehrotra

Earlier this month, the Government of India announced a ban on 118 Chinese apps including PUBG Mobile and WeChat. The news did not sit well with PUBG Corporation who owns PUBG and uses Chinese gaming conglomerate Tencent Games to publish the game on mobile platforms. Soon after the announcement, PUBG Corporation released a statement confirming that it had dropped Tencent Games as a publisher and had taken responsibilities to publish the game in India.

Unfortunately, the move was not good enough for the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). In a statement to InsideSport, MeitY said the PUBG Mobile ban will not be reversed.

InsideSport was further told by the Ministry's sources that PUBG Corporation's decision to drop Tencent Games as a publisher was not good enough to reverse the ban on the game.

PUBG Corporation, on the other hand, has been in talks with Reliance to initiate a long-term partnership to distribute PUBG Mobile in India. Unfortunately, there is no word on the possible partnership and if that will give MeitY a good enough reason to revisit the PUBG ban.

• By Garg Ankit
      PUBG Mobile franchise will not be authorized with Tencent Games in India anymore
      by Garg Ankit

Last week, the Government of India banned 118 mobile apps with links to China, including PUBG Mobile and PUBG Mobile Lite. This did not sit well with the South Korean gaming company, PUBG Corporation, who owns the intellectual property of PUBG Mobile, which is the mobile version of Player Unknown's Battlegrounds. They have now decided to "no longer authorize the PUBG Mobile franchise to China-based Tencent Games in India".

The statement goes like this:

The company thanks the Indian gaming community for their "passion and enthusiasm" towards the game, citing that the game has seen an overwhelming amount of support in the country. That being said, they fully understand and respect the government's decision, and admit that the privacy and security of player data is a top priority for them.

By taking over the publishing responsibilities of the game, PUBG Corporation hopes to "work hand-in-hand with the Indian government to find a solution", which is the corporate jargon for the expectation that the ban shall be lifted as soon as possible. We will have to wait and see what the Ministry of Information and Technology has to say about it.

It is worth noting that Nepal had banned the game last year citing violent content and parental concerns. Pakistan cited health concerns and followed suit, but was overruled by the High Court.

• By anmol112
      India bans PUBG, WeChat Work, and 116 other Chinese apps
      by Anmol Mehrotra

The Ministry of Information and Technology has announced a ban on 118 Chinese apps including PUBG, PUBG Lite, WeChat Work, Baidu, and more. The ban comes just days after China's latest incursion near the southern bank of Pangong lake.

In June, the Indian government banned 59 apps that included TikTok, UC Browser, ShareIT, etc. The new list includes multiple VPNs created by companies to help users bypass the initial ban and access apps like TikTok. In July, India further banned another 47 apps that were cloning apps such as ShareIT and TikTok.

The Ministry of Information and Technology said it had invoked Section 69A of the Information Technology Act to safeguard the sovereignty and integrity of the country.

The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology noted that the decision was taken after the Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre sent a recommendation to block these apps and games for harming the sovereignty and privacy of the Indian citizens.

• By Rich Woods
      In an Epic trolling move, Apple highlights PUBG the day Fortnite developer account disabled
      by Rich Woods

Just in case you were unaware, Fortnite developer Epic Games is waging its own war with Apple right now. It introduced its own payment system in Fortnite and got kicked off of the App Store. Now, Epic is suing Apple, and Apple is disabling the company's developer account. And on the day that that's set to happen, Apple is featuring Fortnite's chief competitor, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, on the App Store.

Obviously, it could all be a coincidence. Apple might just be promoting PUBG because of an update that's slated to arrive on September 8. It might just be a happy side-effect that the company is promoting the idea that there's an alternative to Fortnite in the App Store.

The only way that Apple would allow Fortnite to return is if Epic Games removes its new direct payment feature, which side-steps Apple's requirement that all payments go through it, so it can take a 30% cut. Of course, Epic knew all about these rules when it broke them, and it had its lawsuit and promotional video ready to go as soon as the game was pulled from the App Store.

If you want to read about the upcoming update for PUBG though, as you can still play it on an iPhone, you can find Apple's story here.

• By Refresher
      PUBG Mobile to receive v1.0 update on September 9
      by Matthew Watson

Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile is getting a large v1.0 update to boost performance on September 9, just two months before a $2 million eSports tournament for the game begins.

Tencent, the developer behind the mobile version of the popular battle royale game, say that the version 1.0 update will bring “new tech, new UX, new gameplay features and more to deliver the most realistic tactical tournament experience on mobile.” Improvements to expect include massively increased frame rates and decreased lag on devices, a re-designed main lobby and changes to many in-game graphics and animations such as sprinting and parachuting.

Further improvements included in the update are improved lighting, more realistic shooting animations and improved player models and textures to “provide a more realistic feel and high-quality experience.”, according to a press release from the development team.

The update will be released ahead of the launch of the PUBG MOBILE Global Championship (PMGC), which is a new event combining the PUBG MOBILE World League and World Championships. The first season of PMGC (named Season Zero) will start in late November, with professional teams from around the world competing for a share of the $2 million prize pool. If possible, a live audience will be present at this event, though the organisers admit that the current state of affairs may mean this is not possible. The developer is not new to hosting online-only events, with this year’s PUBG MOBILE World League East becoming the most popular online event, according to Esports Charts.

Via: The Verge