• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

New Home Automation Set up!

jebus197    9

Yay my final home automation set up! This was insanely complex to do, but the technologies involved include Google Home,Google Home, Philips Hue, Logitech Harmony Bridge, 2 x TP-Link HS-100, Smart Plugs,Ardino the Neopixel Library (that runs the 168 individually addressable responsive LED's on the back of the TV), IFTTT and Stringify Home automation suite. There is one cut where I pause to change the video to something more colourful to show the backlighting effect a little more clearly. (The backlighting as you may note is also voice controlled by me - a unique feature I believe). Also as a neat finishing touch, how many people do you know can ignite (and extinguish) candles with their voice!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UOMrSnFAxI

I have omitted all the other humdrum turning the lights on and turning them off and other home automation tricks I have in my apartment, as there are loads of these already on YouTube. This is just the stuff that's a little bit unique.

PS

It would be neat if Neowin had its own home automation (IOT) section I think. Other resources on the web are fairly sparse.

Edited by jebus197
  • Like 1