Falcon 9: Bangabandhu 1 commsat (mission)

Abort thrown by the Falcon 9 after entering startup mode.  SpaceX is currently looking into the reason/options ...

Officially scrubbed for today ... looking at a 24 hour recycle (launch window starting at 1614 Eastern Time tomorrow)

Bummer. Was watching on YouTube. As soon as the computers took over, boom, abort. Something wasn't happy.

They'll get it figured out.

Heard it was a ground support equipment problem.

In the pre-flight phone conference Musk said they'll build a fleet of 30-50 Block 5's, depending on how many customers want new boosters, and re-fly them. He also said they'll try flying the same booster twice in 24 hours.

• Like 1

That was a shame, I very rarely catch these but managed to get the stream up.

How late do they wait to call out more delays if there are still problems that need to be fixed?

2 hours ago, Skiver said:

That was a shame, I very rarely catch these but managed to get the stream up.

How late do they wait to call out more delays if there are still problems that need to be fixed?

Delays can happen any time given the complexity of rocket launches. Their Twitter feed helps. @SpaceX

2 minutes ago, DocM said:

Delays can happen any time given the complexity of rocket launches. Their Twitter feed helps. @SpaceX

oh sure, I understand that. I mean in the sense I don't think we know if the problem they had yesterday has been fixed? I guess the real question is, do we know if that is fixed or not?

They said the rocket looked OK, and they said it was a ground issue (see tweet.)

They were working a pad issue earlier so....

Hmm, I must have missed something, last time I checked Twitter the only post was about the launch being postponed.

Cheers

Cool show as usual, they should totally fix that choppy connection on the drone ship though... If only for all the nay-sayers who keep insisting it is all fake of course ?

Something I don't think I'd ever seen mentioned but did they upgrade the camera's on these? The images looked so much clearer.

A bit better perhaps, save for  condensation on the booster camera around the landing burn. 

It'll be hard to beat the Starman images though, they were repotedly shot with a custom  space-rated RED videography camera.

Edited by DocM