Social Media

Social Media  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Social Media?

2. 2. If yes, which one(s)?

3. 3. With the latest developments with Facebook, are you more inclined to stop using it or other social media?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but being more careful (i.e. using the add-on to block data collection)
    • N/A
  4. 4. For those who still use Facebook, have you looked at the information that has been collected about you?

I am very curious about what type(s) of social media is being used, and now that all this news about Facebook collecting and selling data, I am curious if that is changing anyone's mind about using social media. 

I myself use Twitter, but only for one reason, Xfinity (Comcast) it seems to be the easiest method for contacting them.

I've selected that I use Social Media, but my typical use of it is a consumer of information rather than someone sharing. I think in the past year I've probably about 3 or 4 times on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, I typically just follow a bunch of people/teams etc and use the platforms to get information about them.

I use an Android phone, let's face it, my data is pretty much in the hands of many other companies anyway, I doubt Facebook is getting anything new out of me that Google isn't. Is it wrong that these companies do this? Absolutely. However, if we're honest Facebook isn't the first and they won't be the last to do these sorts of things so I figure I have nothing to hide so let them do their thing so they can put an advert for a new bike in a webpage that most likely my adblocker is blocking anyway.

Your third question seems to be misworded. "Are you more inclined to stop using it?" "Yes, but being more careful." Shouldn't the question be "Are you going to continue using it?" or the answer should be, "no, but being more careful"?

I use social media. I post on Facebook, and I follow news agencies on Twitter. The revelation about Facebook's data collection doesn't mean I'm going to stop using it, and I haven't looked at the data that was collected. Not sure if I will or not, but maybe over the weekend if I get bored. :laugh:

EDIT: <Poll question 3 answer reworded at OP's request>