• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

How to find out what sub model a motola phone is

+jnelsoninjax    11,856

I bought my daughter a Moto G4 Play last year and I want to move her to another carrier and I consulted willmyphonework.net but it lists 5 different sub models, and I had her check the settings-about device but it does not list any additional info. Does anyone know how to find out what the sub model is? The phone was bought from Motorola directly so it was factory unlocked, and it has been used on Walmart Family Mobile and Verizon.

LoneWolfMage    10

jnelsoninjax~

According to https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g4_play-8104.php  the battery is removable on that phone ..  the Sub Model MAY be either under the battery( mine happenes to be under the battery I have an LG tribute 5 or also known as a Tribute HD) on a sticker  or next to the battery compartment.

OR alternatively ( at least in my case it does )  in a web browser go Google Play store click the Gear icon and it SHOULD show the device. OR  google Find my Device .. and it SHOULD show up there as well . 

• Like 1

+jnelsoninjax    11,856
2 minutes ago, LoneWolfMage said:

jnelsoninjax~

According to https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g4_play-8104.php  the battery is removable on that phone ..  the Sub Model MAY be either under the battery( mine happenes to be under the battery I have an LG tribute 5 or also known as a Tribute HD) on a sticker  or next to the battery compartment.

OR alternatively ( at least in my case it does )  in a web browser go Google Play store click the Gear icon and it SHOULD show the device. OR  google Find my Device .. and it SHOULD show up there as well . 

Cool, I will have her check under the battery when I talk to her again, thanks for the info!

LoneWolfMage    10
9 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Cool, I will have her check under the battery when I talk to her again, thanks for the info!

Not a problem, I also wanted to mention although you DID say  in your OP  that you checked under setting so I didn't mention it .. that according also to https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000237987-How-To-Find-the-Model-Number-for-the-Moto-G4-Play 

Procedure:

Tap on Settings

Tap on About phone

Tap on Regulatory Information and the model number will be listed at the top

LoneWolfMage    10

jnelson~

Any result yet with this issue  ??   just curious .. 

~LoneWolf

+jnelsoninjax    11,856
1 minute ago, LoneWolfMage said:

jnelson~

Any result yet with this issue  ??   just curious .. 

~LoneWolf

Have not had the chance to call her (well I did, but she did not answer! :D) If nothing else I am going to assume the sub type based on the fact that it worked with T-Mobile