Ready Player One


Recommended Posts

seta-san

Best movie ever. This movie is a love letter to every thing I love. Definitely worth seeing in 3D IMAX. Nearly a two and a half hour play time and didn't feel one second of it. I was glued to my seat the whole time and my heart was pounding an hour after it was done. I can not possibly give it a higher recommendation.  

 

JUST GO SEE IT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Yogurth

Saw it yesterday, not a single original plot idea in the movie and teenagers saved the world once again as if there weren't enough of YAL crap turned into terrible movies already. IOI...what an unconvincing concept. Ending was awful. I-R0k rocked though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
seta-san
8 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

Saw it yesterday, not a single original plot idea in the movie and teenagers saved the world once again as if there weren't enough of YAL crap turned into terrible movies already. IOI...what an unconvincing concept. Ending was awful. I-R0k rocked though.

clearly there weren't original idea. every idea has been done in some form and this movie plays a lot on references which are by definition not original. and still it looked and felt fresh and I was completely immersed and on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Yogurth
15 minutes ago, seta-san said:

clearly there weren't original idea. every idea has been done in some form and this movie plays a lot on references which are by definition not original. and still it looked and felt fresh and I was completely immersed and on the edge of my seat the whole time.

It wasn't just the unoriginality but the story progression, lack of story and character depth and even the references were superficial, apart from the Adventure game. Every single VR story based anime that I have seen had more depth and suspense than Ready Player One. It looked to me as the target audience were under 12 year old kids who mostly do not care about any of the things that I have mentioned. The only characters that saw some developments were I-r0k and Halliday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
theyarecomingforyou

Nothing about the trailer appeals to me. It's overloaded with poorly done CGI and massively overplaying the nostalgia angle. It's just another throwaway Hollywood blockbuster. What's disappointing is that Spielberg used practical and CGI so effectively in movies like Jurassic Park that have held up really well over the years, whilst the special effects in this movie already look dated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Emn1ty
On 3/31/2018 at 2:15 AM, theyarecomingforyou said:

Nothing about the trailer appeals to me. It's overloaded with poorly done CGI and massively overplaying the nostalgia angle. It's just another throwaway Hollywood blockbuster. What's disappointing is that Spielberg used practical and CGI so effectively in movies like Jurassic Park that have held up really well over the years, whilst the special effects in this movie already look dated.

The practical effects in this movie are very well done, and typically the CGI that you speak of is in the game world where it's generally acceptable for it to be flawed. I had a similar opinion before seeing the movie and it's certainly not the best movie ever nor the best Spielberg film. However it is absolutely a fun ride and an enjoyable experience. The characters are slightly flat, but they are apparently more dynamic than the book even accomplished.

Don't have to see the movie, but honestly I wasn't expecting much from it and I got way more than I thought it could provide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PRODIGY-

I liked the movie just a bit,even though there was nothing original in it. Its that type of movie you watch once and don't even want to bother talking about because story was meh. Let them try again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...
Sir Topham Hatt

I really liked it.

It's up there with Oblivion and Elysium for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.