YouTube incident: 'Shots fired' near HQ in northern California

Gunshots have been reported near the YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, northern California.

Ambulances are at the scene and police have warned the public to stay out of the area.

Google, which owns YouTube, has said it is investigating a possible "gunfire incident".

Some YouTube staff have reported the presence of an active shooter, but this remains unconfirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43635864

Here's hoping they capture the shooter alive, before he can kill anyone.

Seems like CA is the state to avoid these days.  I see incidents like this in CA getting worse but what do you expect in a state that protects rapists, murderers, and other criminals.

• Like 2

Apparently, it happened in YouTube HQ.

Todd Sherman, who identified himself as a Product Manager at Youtube, claimed he was in a meeting at the building when they heard people running. He said he and others made their way to the exit and at one point when he "looked down" he "saw blood drips on the floor and stairs." He said he saw authorities on the scene and added that he was on his way home. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/03/active-shooter-confirmed-at-youtube-headquarters-in-california.html

Probably a disgruntled employee.

4 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Apparently, it happened in YouTube HQ.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/03/active-shooter-confirmed-at-youtube-headquarters-in-california.html

Probably a disgruntled employee.

I wonder if it was a gun-free zone. If it was a disgruntled employee he would know nobody would be armed.

Female shooter??  hmmmm  Shooter was caught to.

Edit:    Multiple reports of a female shooter.  Said possible domestic or work place incident.

Edited by techbeck

Female, killed herself.

36 y/o male in critical, 32 y/o female in serious and a 27 y/o female in fair.

Sounds like a domestic with one the S/O and the others were collatertal, or one is a third in a triangle.

I'm curious, how long did she own the gun, did the gun belong to someone else who gave it to her, or did it belong to a family member or acquaintance that she took the gun from.  Considering how strict CA gun laws are and that she took the time to go to a range beforehand I wonder if there were warning signs beforehand.

I don't mean to sound sexist and say only men are capable of doing something like this, but this is generally something that women don't do.  I can't believe she just woke up yesterday and said I'm going to do it, there had to be some signs "a mile away" that either people ignored or the family just wouldn't accept.

While women have lower rates of the major mental health issues related to violence they are not immune, far from it. Even with with a low rate there are ~160 million females in the US so one could expect a  bunch. This one sounds like intervention was overdue.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/04/youtube-shooter-posted-bizarre-videos-manifesto-before-rampage/

>

Cops didn’t immediately go into detail about what sparked Aghdam’s rampage — though a manifesto posted on her website showed her to be paranoid and angry.

“Be aware! Dictatorship exists in all countries but with different tactics!” she wrote.

“They only care for personal and short-term profits and do anything to reach their goals even by fooling simple-minded people, hiding the truth, manipulating science and everything.”

Aghdam accused YouTube of censorship in seeking to silence her.

She also complained about not making enough money off YouTube ads by her content, claiming she got only 10 cents for pages that drew 300,000 views.

“There is no equal growth opportunity on YOUTUBE or any other video sharing site,” she wrote. “Your channel will grow if they want to!”

>

Edited by DocM