Experience with password managers

Question

Anyone here have experience with password managers ? Pros and cons. ?

I have over a dozen passwords that I try to remember and if I don't login frequently I usually forget them and have to reset so I'm looking at other alternatives.

TIA

1 hour ago, Draconian Guppy said:

+1 This is what keeps me from using these sorta of services!

But then again, I only use like 5 passwords at much :laugh:

You use the same 5 passwords or only have passwords for a total of 5 sites?

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

You use the same 5 passwords or only have passwords for a total of 5 sites?

hmm both actually, my passwords have been in rotation :laugh:

Heck it wasn't until outlook completely took over hotmail.com, that i still used 4 letter password, around 2008ish IIRC :laugh:

LastPass in Firefox really is garbage. It signs you out whenever it feels like that, there are warnings like "your master password is the same as site xy's" where you CAN'T CLICK THE BUTTON to not show this warning anymore (known bug for years), password fill won't fill the credentials on several sites, sometimes it fills user A with password B, even on high profile ones, that constant random warning "An error occurred while attempting to contact the server. Please check your Internet connection." (in fact it showed this as I typed this msg), and the list goes on. It's annoying as all hell, but I'm yet to find a better price/value contender.

I use firefox and lastpass and have not seen any of those issues.

As to some sites autofilling.  There are many variables here.  Can you give an example site that your having a problem autofilling - love to test it out and see what is up with it.

I've been using LastPass for 6 months but a few bugs I've encountered has made me hesitant in trusting them to store passwords, been thinking about switching to something else recently but not sure what. 

Edited by ZakO

Have never used a password manager and would never consider it, no matter what kind of protection the manager itself has. Have passwords stored in a safe place but have never had to look at it as I can remember them. Don't have a clue as to  how many different passwords I have but don't go around creating accounts at every site I've ever visited either.

Have always heard good things about LastPass though.

On 4/20/2018 at 7:45 AM, cork1958 said:

Have never used a password manager and would never consider it, no matter what kind of protection the manager itself has. Have passwords stored in a safe place but have never had to look at it as I can remember them. Don't have a clue as to  how many different passwords I have but don't go around creating accounts at every site I've ever visited either.

Have always heard good things about LastPass though.

Nevermind, you already answered the question.