Man ends up in A&E after eating world's hottest chilli

23 hours ago, firey said:

I feel like it would increase the need for preparation h.

5 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I should think that's the LAST place you'd want to apply wasabi! :s

Gotta burn those suckers off!!   But yea, was a joke.  :p

Just now, techbeck said:

Gotta burn those suckers off!!   But yea, was a joke.  :p

Someone should post it to YouTube as the next challenge... Instead of the Tide Pod Challenge, do the Wasabi Suppository Challenge!

2 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Someone should post it to YouTube as the next challenge... Instead of the Tide Pod Challenge, do the Wasabi Suppository Challenge!

* hears the rumbling of millenials in the distance *

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I should think that's the LAST place you'd want to apply wasabi! :s

Wasabi don't have capsaicin, the peppers "heat" compound which is used as a topical painkiller. 

Wasabi's active agent is allyl isothiocyanate which can kill some insects, bacteria and nematodes. Wasabi is in the Brassicaceae  family; cabbage, broccoli, radish, mustard,  horseradish....

18 hours ago, DocM said:

Wasabi don't have capsaicin, the peppers "heat" compound which is used as a topical painkiller. 

Wasabi's active agent is allyl isothiocyanate which can kill some insects, bacteria and nematodes. Wasabi is in the Brassicaceae  family; cabbage, broccoli, radish, mustard,  horseradish....

Way to spoil a joke, Doc... :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, DocM said:

9 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Way to spoil a joke, Doc... :rolleyes:

Lets not let facts get in the way of a joke.  :p

On 4/10/2018 at 1:01 PM, DocM said:

We grew Carolina Reapers last year in containers.  Dried some, pickled some, and used some in chili and homemade hot sauce. Also habanero, pablano, serrano, and 4 colors of bell peppers.

The kids, grandkids and I are OK with them, but then we're long term pepper-heads. My wife can't stand to be in the room with the hot ones during prep, and we make her a mild batch of chili etc. in a small crock pot.

I have been making my way up the scoville chart with chili too. I had to stop at habanero. It felt like I had a warp drive breach in my stomach for a day after that. Every so often I will have something hotter, but not often. 

47 minutes ago, DocM said:

Slow progression is best, starting new pepper type by eating only the main body - not the web or seeds which are much hotter.

Not eating things damaging to your body is what's actually best... :p

41 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

No pain no gain!

23 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Chicken! :laugh:

On 4/10/2018 at 1:01 PM, DocM said:

We grew Carolina Reapers last year in containers.  Dried some, pickled some, and used some in chili and homemade hot sauce. Also habanero, pablano, serrano, and 4 colors of bell peppers.

The kids, grandkids and I are OK with them, but then we're long term pepper-heads. My wife can't stand to be in the room with the hot ones during prep, and we make her a mild batch of chili etc. in a small crock pot.

You grew Carolina Reapers in Michigan?    You should have named them as "Michigan Reapers."   :p

A friend of mine usually eats Carolina Reapers chips sometimes depends on his mood.

28 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

You grew Carolina Reapers in Michigan?    You should have named them as "Michigan Reapers."   :p

A friend of mine usually eats Carolina Reapers chips sometimes depends on his mood.

We have a pretty long growing season in zone 5, often running April to November using hot boxes, plastic sheeting etc. Know a guy near Ann Arbor who has palm trees :laugh:

2 hours ago, DocM said:

We have a pretty long growing season in zone 5, often running April to November using hot boxes, plastic sheeting etc. Know a guy near Ann Arbor who has palm trees :laugh:

Cool.  Have fun with the reaper growing seasons.  I might consider to get some from you.

I like palm trees which they are in south such as Florida... I wish they are all over US...   We don't have them in here unless you ask for them for your land.  So they bring those trees out to your land to be planted in ground... Unless they are sensitive to the weather which means you can't have them in the area.