Windows 10 April 2018 Update Discussion

Couldn't find a definite thread to talk about this so I just created one.

It's now 12 pm Central Standard time, April 10th, 2018, on 3 Windows 10 Fall creators update machines it found a cumulative update but the April 2018 update did not drop.

On one machine that is still in the release preview, it got "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version Next (10.0.17133.73)"

On the machines that installed the spring creators update but left the insider program, did not get a cumulative update (for obvious reasons).

Keeps irritating the hell out of me that apps that I remove over and over and over and over again keep appearing.  I do not use Sway, Duolingo, Network Speed Test, and several other crap apps that keep getting installed.   Every feature update does this and it needs to stop.  Not sure why it is so hard for MS to fix this.  Also, when I setup a new PC and remove all that, I have to wait a little while and reboot a couple times because even then, these apps come back.  Come back ever after I removed it a few min prior.

Other than that, Settings on 1803 appear to be organized better.  Not sure how I feel about the gradient theme they implemented.  I kinda dont like it.  Screenshot attached.

Capture.PNG

Windows 10 build 17134 (10.0.17134.1) info

http://sihmar.com/windows-10-build-17134-1-info/

Looks like we all may have to download an entirely new build. I wonder if anyone who installed the release preview and left the insider build will have it show up once this new build reaches RTM.

56 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Windows 10 build 17134 (10.0.17134.1) info

http://sihmar.com/windows-10-build-17134-1-info/

Looks like we all may have to download an entirely new build. I wonder if anyone who installed the release preview and left the insider build will have it show up once this new build reaches RTM.

Does it fix the web results problem in the search?

12 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

Like what?   You mean in Cortana search? You got a ss of the issue?

I meant the widely known one that Neowin posted an article on:

3 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

I meant the widely known one that Neowin posted an article on:

Ah. I see now.   I don't use search on PC... Only in the browser. 

I thought you had an issue in the search on the browser such as google.com or bing.com  something like that..

For anybody wondering if you roll back to 1709 your Windows defender is going to be borked. the folder 4.12.17007.18022-0 will be missing from c:\programdata\microsoft\windows defender\platform folder.

If you have a 1709 computer you can copy the directory from there and then boot into a PE environment and move that folder to c:\programdata\microsoft\windows defender\platform

Then restart the computer and Windows defender will be running again.

Until thecreators update taking my PC to 1803 something I think then to 10.0.17133.1 , I never experienced a black screen on boot, now, more often than not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...