• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Long Time Member Checking In

matt95110    15

I have been a Neowin member for almost 15 years, browsing my way back here during the Whistler days and joining afterwards. Things have changed a lot for me since then personally and career wise. For Neowin, I was a moderator back in 2005/2006. I only ever go to the front page daily or news but that is about it.

What have I missed around here? I remember a lot of the members back in the day who have most likely moved on. It is interesting to come by and check on things.

• Like 12

Barney T.    2,235

Welcome back. It is always nice to see an old member back in the fold!

Daniel F.    484

Hi, welcome back! 

zhangm    1,291

It's shocking to look back and realize how much time has passed.

• Like 1

Malechai    116

hi matt.  did you change forum names or were you always this? i'm sorry to say I dont remember your handle.   we were likely modding the boards together back then?  its been so long I don't even recall.

My original handle was Spyder

Nick H.    8,774
On 13/04/2018 at 9:48 PM, matt95110 said:

What have I missed around here?

There was the rebellion of '09, the coup of 2012, and more recently the political divide with Trump.

Ok, maybe only the last one happened. :laugh: It's been business as usual around here as far as I've noticed.

Welcome back. Do you think you'll be checking in to the forums more? There are plenty of good discussions going on, whether it be tech, real world news, or even just mindless banter.

caerma    6
Posted (edited)

long time...

16 years.

Steven P.    10,930
25 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

There was the rebellion of '09, the coup of 2012, and more recently the political divide with Trump.

Ok, maybe only the last one happened. :laugh: It's been business as usual around here as far as I've noticed.

Welcome back. Do you think you'll be checking in to the forums more? There are plenty of good discussions going on, whether it be tech, real world news, or even just mindless banter.

Sounds like a trilogy of Star Wars films :p

But wb Matt! :D

DirtyLarry    2,091
On 4/14/2018 at 10:15 PM, Malechai said:

hi matt.  did you change forum names or were you always this? i'm sorry to say I dont remember your handle.   we were likely modding the boards together back then?  its been so long I don't even recall.

My original handle was Spyder

Holy ###### it is Spyder!!! Awesome to see you are still around.

I recall a feature being able to see someone's name history. I guess that has been removed? It helped me A LOT even back when I was active way more.

Steven P.    10,930

Spyder is the bees knees :D as are you DL! (mods still have display name history feature ;)) it was turned off to protect some members, a long time ago! 

• Like 1

DirtyLarry    2,091

Spyder is indeed the bees knees! And awww shucks, thanks Steve!

@matt95110 I am curious what your name was as well as I feel like I definitely recognize the Avatar funny enough!

That also makes sense why I no longer see the display name history but knew I once did! I also get why it would be removed. I am sure people just want a fresh start and to leave the past behind, etc. etc. New name new approach. Makes sense. It was incredibly helpful though as I was never good with names to begin with. Haha

matt95110    15
4 hours ago, DirtyLarry said:

Spyder is indeed the bees knees! And awww shucks, thanks Steve!

@matt95110 I am curious what your name was as well as I feel like I definitely recognize the Avatar funny enough!

That also makes sense why I no longer see the display name history but knew I once did! I also get why it would be removed. I am sure people just want a fresh start and to leave the past behind, etc. etc. New name new approach. Makes sense. It was incredibly helpful though as I was never good with names to begin with. Haha

Back in the day I was matt74441, for some reason. I have no idea why I changed it. I should change it back.

Malechai    116

lol thanks guys. nice to see you too :)

• Like 1