Forum Theme Issue?

no issues with Darkside theme here. make sure you try clearing your cache and force refresh with ctrl+F5

edit: I used a mod function to 'log in' as you to see the forum how you would and it still displays correctly. try clearing your cookies or test another browser to see if the issue persists as well :)

image.thumb.png.16fe194bfe1d994302b419f32be2a06d.png

I did at first, but once I reloaded it went back to normal. Whoops spoke too soon.  It seems to be the forums and not the front page. Chrome latest build. WIn 10 Pro 1709. 

Neowin_page_issues.jpg

neowin_page_issues_2.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Timi Cantisano
      HMD Global embraces its community by opening a new Nokia forum
      by Timi Cantisano

It was around a decade ago when Nokia's brand started to erode. Despite this, many die-hard fans stuck by, even when it pivoted strategies under the direction of Stephen Elop. Sadly, its large market share would fade over time and so would its loyal followers. Luckily, HMD Global stepped in 2016, licensing the Nokia brand and has so far done an excellent job of rebuilding, having also acquired the PureView trademark from Microsoft earlier this year.

Taking another step in the right direction, Juho Sarvikas, who is the Chief Product Officer at HMD Global, announced the launch of a new Nokia forum, a place where the company and fans can interact. If this sounds familiar, it's because this is exactly how Nokia used to operate when it was in its prime.

To celebrate the moment, HMD Global is sending a lucky few to its upcoming event that will take place in Dubai. If you want in on the opportunity, be sure to head to the forum, sign up, and drop a comment in the competition thread. The best messages will be selected and those people will join a few lucky others at the Nokia event that will be taking place on December 5.

Source: Juho Sarvikas (Twitter) (1), (2), Nokia

• By Brandon H
      I came into work today and clicked over to my Neowin tab and it looked fine at first but after I refreshed the tab I had the following by the search box. it shows like that on every forum page today:

@Steven P. @sheinbein @DaveLegg

edit: all themes affected
      Windows 7 Pro x64
      Chrome 60.0.3112.90 32bit
    • By DreyerSmit
      Video game forum foils apparent plot to assassinate the French President
      by Dreyer Smit

Users of a yet-to-be-named video game forum foiled plans of an apparent would-be assassin after he allegedly inquired about acquiring a 'Kalashnikov type' weapon. He reportedly intended to use the weapot in a plot to kill the recently-elected President of France, Emmanuel Macron, during the country's Bastille Day celebrations.

The terrorist, a 23-year-old man with far-right political views, raised the suspicions of the forum users after it was revealed that he had previously been charged with 'condoning terrorism', and sentenced to 3 years in prison.

He was said to have applauded the actions of neo-Nazi Andrew Breivik, who killed 77 people in Norway in 2011. He was also quoted as saying that he wanted to 'murder all homosexuals, Muslims and Jews'.

The currently unnamed man is in custody after police raided his home in Argenteuil, and was charged on Saturday.

Source: The Guardian | Image: Michel Euler/EPA via The Guardian

• By Ron Binmore
      Just signed up but can't find where to make a post on the electric shaver forum. Where is it hidden please?
      Ron
    • By Jack W
      Reddit partners with VigLink for affiliate links generated from user content from June 3
      by Jack Wilkinson

Reddit, a large online discussion forum, has announced plans to begin converting user-shared links into affiliate links. The company has partnered with affiliate network, VigLink, to incorporate this new ad revenue model.

When a user posts a link to a product, if the website matches a merchant that the site is partnered with, it will become an affiliate link. The end-user will still see the original link, but once they click it, a cookie will be set in their browser stating that they came from Reddit, and once a purchase is made, the site gets a portion of the money.

This change is due to roll-out on June 3, with it being unleashed on a small scale of users to begin with, to ensure that ad blockers do not break the site.

Reddit admin, starfishjenga, announced the news in a community changelog:

Users will be able to opt-out of this service either on a one-off basis or permanently. If you right-click a link, copy the link address, then paste it into your browser, you will be bypassing the affiliate system. You can also go to VigLink's own opt-out page to let them know of your wishes to not see any more affiliate links.

Source: Reddit