Windows to Go on 4TB USB - GPT OR MBR?

Hi,

I have a 4TB external USB HD and I want to install Windows to Go on a 100GB partition and have the remaining space as one partition for data. I also want to use GPT because it wont allow me to partition any more then 2TB if on MBR. 

Do I have to use MBR to do this or can I still use GPT so I can take this drive and plug in elsewhere? Also what would be the best way to partition for a windows to go? Does it just need one partition or do I have to partition for boot, msr, system and recovery etc?

Go for GPT One partition, it will work for all your needs.

But not if you plug it on "TV" I believe TV or smart TV's are still prefer MBR.

2 minutes ago, Xahid said:

Go for GPT One partition, it will work for all your needs.

But not if you plug it on "TV" I believe TV or smart TV's are still prefer MBR.

So don't have a separate 3.9TB partition then for the rest? 

17 minutes ago, Pootis Spencer said:

So don't have a separate 3.9TB partition then for the rest? 

Its all up to you,

But I prefer 1 partition, & don't use 3rd party software to create partition, use Windows installation media to create partition, because it will create multiple "un-assigned" partitions,  of low space which it required.

So how do I create the Windows to go without using 3rd party software? I don't have Enterprise but I know you can use Pro

32 minutes ago, Pootis Spencer said:

So how do I create the Windows to go without using 3rd party software? I don't have Enterprise but I know you can use Pro

Official Setup - https://redmondmag.com/articles/2017/04/27/how-to-set-up-windows-to-go.aspx

You still may need an Windows 10 Enterprise ISO.

Edited by Eternal Tempest

I installed it but I have one 2TB partition which I have formatted to NTFS and an unallocated partition for the rest at 1.64TB which I cannot partition anymore. The windows to go set the drive to MBR so I cannot access the remaining space.