Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: May 2018

For the month of May, Xbox Live Gold members will receive four new free games – two on Xbox One and two on Xbox 360 – as part of the Games with Gold program. You can play both Xbox 360 titles on your Xbox One with Backward Compatibility.

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Super Mega Baseball 2 ($29.99 ERP) for free during the month of May. METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN ($19.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from May 16th to June 15th.

brandedkeyart_1160x1600.png?w=220&h=303box-art.jpg?w=220&h=304

On Xbox 360, starting May 1st, Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage ($9.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through May 15th. Then on May 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download VANQUISH ($19.99 ERP) for free through May 31st.

boxartlg.jpgboxartlg.jpg

Source

EA Access Games in the Vault for Xbox One
Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Games
Xbox Game Pass Games

----

Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: April 2018

I wanted to try MGS for a pretty long time, just not enough to warrant buying it so pretty happy about that one.

Streets of Rage will be awesome, I threw away my A-Levels playing that in sixth form :D

Yeah I'm really looking forward to playing MGS. I've never really played it before so it'll be my first foray into the game. 

27 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Yeah I'm really looking forward to playing MGS. I've never really played it before so it'll be my first foray into the game. 

I kept holding out on buying it when it was on sale, lucky me.

2 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

WHAT!

Dude MGS on PS1 was probably one of my all-time favorite games, IMO each game after that went a little further and further downhill. I don't have high expectations but I'll hopefully give this a good shot.

5 minutes ago, Skiver said:

WHAT!

Dude MGS on PS1 was probably one of my all-time favorite games, IMO each game after that went a little further and further downhill. I don't have high expectations but I'll hopefully give this a good shot.

I know, it's one of those games series that all gamers should have some experience playing at some point :p I've also never really played Final Fantasy or Resident Evil. I have some catching up to do. 

5 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I know, it's one of those games series that all gamers should have some experience playing at some point :p I've also never really played Final Fantasy or Resident Evil. I have some catching up to do. 

Hands up on Final Fantasy, I think I tried one and from memory, it was turn based and I just did not get on with it.

Resident Evil, however, I've played all but the later series. Again, something I think started off great and went downhill when it lost is true Survival Horror theme and started to be a little more arcadey. 

• Like 1

Bit of a comedown from last month for me, already own MGS V on PS4 and no interest in baseball. At least having Vanquish digitally will be nice. Hopefully June is better, esp being E3 month.

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

WHAT!

I agree with you there, it seems with each sequel Kojima added more tin to his tin foil hat of crazy deep state conspiracies that any sense of plot goes out the window halfway through MGS2.     If you play them just for the tactical stealth aspect, which is what I do, and don't really think too much about the story side, then it's all good fun.

A few more games are being announced in the next few days that will be added to the Game Pass

Confirmed so far

Halo - MCC and PES 2018

A few more games are being announced in the next few days that will be added to the Game Pass

Confirmed so far

Halo - MCC and PES 2018

State of Decay 2 is going up on May 22nd as well.  

Yeah just saw the tweet from Major Nelson confirming the other titles. 

• Homefront: The Revolution
  • Laser League
  • Overcooked
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
  • Sonic and Knuckles
  • State of Decay 2
  • The Escapists
  • Unmechanical: Extended

State of Decay is another big title to drop via Game Pass. 

Edit - just noticed that Halo: MCC is not on that list. 

Yeah just saw the tweet from Major Nelson confirming the other titles. 

• Homefront: The Revolution
  • Laser League
  • Overcooked
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
  • Sonic and Knuckles
  • State of Decay 2
  • The Escapists
  • Unmechanical: Extended

State of Decay is another big title to drop via Game Pass. 

Edit - just noticed that Halo: MCC is not on that list. 

I believe also that PES 2018 will only be part of game pass till end of August.

Welcome to May :) 

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 07 May 2018. This week you can find a number of Call of Duty games on sale. 

Source

30 minutes ago, George P said:

Amazon has a digital deal going on, up to 75% off.

Full sale details here.

Interesting.  I can't say I need more games either obviously, but interesting.

Just waiting for State of Decay 2 myself.  Figure keeping game pass year round will probably be worth it after that.

On 5/6/2018 at 7:12 PM, George P said:

Amazon has a digital deal going on, up to 75% off.

Full sale details here.

There decent titles there, shame that it's US only (again). 

See as they're digital titles/codes, I wonder if purchasing them for a UK console would be an issue. #

@George P - did you buy anything?

Also, here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 14 May 2018. This week they have a Gamefest sale on, as well as a franchise sale where there's a lot of the Assassin's Creed titles on sale. 

Source

26 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

There decent titles there, shame that it's US only (again). 

See as they're digital titles/codes, I wonder if purchasing them for a UK console would be an issue. #

@George P - did you buy anything?

Also, here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 14 May 2018. This week they have a Gamefest sale on, as well as a franchise sale where there's a lot of the Assassin's Creed titles on sale. 

Source

Nah, I didn't get anything, I'm stuck at work and only have my desktop to game.  The way I live, due to work, I'm in one place from April to September (laptop + gaming desktop), Another location in March and Oct, (original Xbox One).  And a final location from Nov-March where I have the Xbox One X.

So for now I'm back on my PC going through dishonored 2.

I'll probably snag Assassins Creed Origins for Xbox at some point, it's been going up on sale frequently and I have played the majority of them on my Xbox, minus black flag which I have on the PC.

To make up for the lack of Xbox I might snag a Xbox Play Anywhere title, like RE7 and play it on my PC and still get all the achievements.  :)

So I missed this, but a few titles were removed from the Game Pass at the end of April 

• Lumo
  • WWE 2K17
  • NBA 2K17

Even more are being removed at the end of May, 21 titles in fact. 

• Blood Bowl 2 (XBO)

• Defense Grid 2 (XBO)

• Age of Booty

• Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2

• BioShock

• BioShock 2

• BioShock Infinite

• Borderlands

• Bound by Flame
  • de Blob 2
  • Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
  • Dig Dug
  • Final Fight: Double Impact
  • NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
  • Sacred 3
  • SEGA Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
  • SEGA Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
  • SoulCalibur
  • XCOM: Enemy Within

Always a shame to see titles go, but with the majority being Xbox 360, I see this as a non-issue. Even more so given the titles that were added in May

19 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

So I missed this, but a few titles were removed from the Game Pass at the end of April 

• Lumo
  • WWE 2K17
  • NBA 2K17

Even more are being removed at the end of May, 21 titles in fact. 

• Blood Bowl 2 (XBO)

• Defense Grid 2 (XBO)

• Age of Booty

• Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2

• BioShock

• BioShock 2

• BioShock Infinite

• Borderlands

• Bound by Flame
  • de Blob 2
  • Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
  • Dig Dug
  • Final Fight: Double Impact
  • NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
  • Sacred 3
  • SEGA Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
  • SEGA Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
  • SoulCalibur
  • XCOM: Enemy Within

Always a shame to see titles go, but with the majority being Xbox 360, I see this as a non-issue. Even more so given the titles that were added in May

It makes sense to see titles that have yearly releases drop out as long as the newest one ends up replacing them, like NBA 2k17 leaving with NBA 2k18 coming in and so on.

• Like 1

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 21 May 2018.

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6Mimage?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6Mimage?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6M

Few games in there that tempt me...

Deep Rock Galactic

Friday 13th

Shadow of Mordor/War

Source

25 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 21 May 2018.

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6M

I have the physical disk of this.  Never got to much in to it though.  I didn't like the game play/controls.  May try it again.  Heard Shadow of War was better, but have not had a chance to play that.