(mac) ADC TFT?

I've been recently looking into purchasing a 20" Apple Display, but am also considering other options (like the fact that for the price of a display I can get an iBook and iPod :blink: :blink: )

Anyway, I've been looking into the possibility of just buying two TFTs instead, and wanted to know if there are any TFTs that utilise the Apple Display Connector in the way the Apple Displays do, to save having a large mess of wires?

the one thing to remember is that the adc connector not only sends the video signal, but also sends the power for the monitor. yes, it might be expensive, but it is a quality monitor, and if you are running low on the number of outlets you have left on your surge protector (like me), then an apple lcd is just the product you need.

What about DVI?

Pure DVI would be...

2x power cable

2x usb cable (I was considering models with usb hubs)

2x DVI cable

1x ADC->DVI Converter

8 cables! I was just wondering if that mess could be minimised a bit.

i would crazily not suggest to get the 20" wide screen. i would say get a powerbook and ipod!

Yeah, there's a little voice that keeps telling me that :blink:

the one thing to remember is that the adc connector not only sends the video signal, but also sends the power for the monitor.  yes, it might be expensive, but it is a quality monitor, and if you are running low on the number of outlets you have left on your surge protector (like me), then an apple lcd is just the product you need.

Yup, all my wires are dumped behind my desk and don't bother me in the slightest, however it's a very very very nice selling point. (I actually have 2 sockets left in my surge protector.. just for reference :p)