UK weather: Rain and wind warnings for parts of UK


Recommended Posts

Steven P.

British-Summer.jpg

 

Heavy rain, winds and "unseasonably cold" weather are hitting parts of the UK, with flood and weather warnings in place.

 

Some train services in the south-east of England have been cancelled.

 

A yellow warning for heavy rain and strong winds is in place for southern and eastern parts of England for the whole of Monday.

 

Forecasters warned some places could see more than a month's rainfall in one day.

 

Source: BBC

Link to post
Share on other sites
dipsylalapo

It's not looking to bad here at the moment.....there's a bit of a gusty wind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven P.

Meanwhile earlier in London...

britishweather.jpg

Photograph: Matt Dunham/AP

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mando

heh i bet they are struggling with a bit of a windy day heh not a cloud in the sky up here, although i did have to scrape the car this morning :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
dipsylalapo
5 minutes ago, Mando said:

heh i bet they are struggling with a bit of a windy day heh not a cloud in the sky up here, although i did have to scrape the car this morning :)

Anything more than a breeze is enough reason for the train network to shut down in the south. 

 

I get that with snow because we don't get it that often, but wind and rain we have all the time. You'd think we'd be able to cope!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mando
5 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Anything more than a breeze is enough reason for the train network to shut down in the south. 

 

I get that with snow because we don't get it that often, but wind and rain we have all the time. You'd think we'd be able to cope!

still blazing sunshine here :p London must have my regions weather for once. :p

 

image.thumb.png.b65f155a83b8c0be407e59e0110a1ccd.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
jnelsoninjax
3 hours ago, Mando said:

still blazing sunshine here :p London must have my regions weather for once. :p

 

image.thumb.png.b65f155a83b8c0be407e59e0110a1ccd.png

weather.thumb.PNG.be7436f30acacca1fa50f9a269dd645c.PNG

That's 25C for you guys! :p

Link to post
Share on other sites
FloatingFatMan

Well, that was fun. 4 degrees C in Kent, torrential rain all day, very heavy winds, trees down all over the place, and one person killed in Ramsgate as they decided to walk too close to the sea and got swept away.

 

That wasn't a windy day, that was a pretty respectable storm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven P.
57 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Well, that was fun. 4 degrees C in Kent, torrential rain all day, very heavy winds, trees down all over the place, and one person killed in Ramsgate as they decided to walk too close to the sea and got swept away.

 

That wasn't a windy day, that was a pretty respectable storm.

:(

 

Also woke up this morning to a code yellow weather warning for high winds, right now I am getting an extension built (it's in the final stages) but the temporary roofing held out considering it's just plastic covering at the moment.

 

I'm at the stage where the plastering is getting done (tomorrow) floor tiles (next week) and the roof when it's dry again :p

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.