UK weather: Rain and wind warnings for parts of UK

British-Summer.jpg

Heavy rain, winds and "unseasonably cold" weather are hitting parts of the UK, with flood and weather warnings in place.

Some train services in the south-east of England have been cancelled.

A yellow warning for heavy rain and strong winds is in place for southern and eastern parts of England for the whole of Monday.

Forecasters warned some places could see more than a month's rainfall in one day.

Source: BBC

It's not looking to bad here at the moment.....there's a bit of a gusty wind. 

heh i bet they are struggling with a bit of a windy day heh not a cloud in the sky up here, although i did have to scrape the car this morning :)

5 minutes ago, Mando said:

heh i bet they are struggling with a bit of a windy day heh not a cloud in the sky up here, although i did have to scrape the car this morning :)

Anything more than a breeze is enough reason for the train network to shut down in the south. 

I get that with snow because we don't get it that often, but wind and rain we have all the time. You'd think we'd be able to cope!

5 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Anything more than a breeze is enough reason for the train network to shut down in the south. 

I get that with snow because we don't get it that often, but wind and rain we have all the time. You'd think we'd be able to cope!

still blazing sunshine here :p London must have my regions weather for once. :p

image.thumb.png.b65f155a83b8c0be407e59e0110a1ccd.png

3 hours ago, Mando said:

still blazing sunshine here :p London must have my regions weather for once. :p

image.thumb.png.b65f155a83b8c0be407e59e0110a1ccd.png

weather.thumb.PNG.be7436f30acacca1fa50f9a269dd645c.PNG

That's 25C for you guys! :p

Well, that was fun. 4 degrees C in Kent, torrential rain all day, very heavy winds, trees down all over the place, and one person killed in Ramsgate as they decided to walk too close to the sea and got swept away.

That wasn't a windy day, that was a pretty respectable storm.

57 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Well, that was fun. 4 degrees C in Kent, torrential rain all day, very heavy winds, trees down all over the place, and one person killed in Ramsgate as they decided to walk too close to the sea and got swept away.

That wasn't a windy day, that was a pretty respectable storm.

:(

Also woke up this morning to a code yellow weather warning for high winds, right now I am getting an extension built (it's in the final stages) but the temporary roofing held out considering it's just plastic covering at the moment.

I'm at the stage where the plastering is getting done (tomorrow) floor tiles (next week) and the roof when it's dry again :p