Rogue partition?

So after swapping a drive in, the boot record got screwed up. I fixed it with Windows Recovery (I think, it has booted up perfectly a half dozen times in a row).

However, along with having the MBR corrupted, I get an extra 500 mb partition showing up as a drive

driveg.jpg

Which is annoying, since it is full and Windows keeps reminding me that it is low on space. I'm not entirely comfortable doing anything with it.

its probably your recovery partition and windows has added a drive letter to it

in this guide just follow the diskpart guide and it should remove the drive letter, then you dont have to worry about it

37 minutes ago, DKAngel said:

its probably your recovery partition and windows has added a drive letter to it

in this guide just follow the diskpart guide and it should remove the drive letter, then you dont have to worry about it

Sorry, it appears that a link was missing from that post?

22 hours ago, Zagadka said:

Sorry, it appears that a link was missing from that post?

https://www.howtogeek.com/197296/how-to-use-the-diskpart-utility-to-assign-and-remove-drive-letters/

I'm more concerned about it showing up at all... the letter doesn't matter much.

Talking about the G drive?  

It has data on it (obviously) and should be browseable.  It is probably the Recovery Partition.

I would just remove the drive letter and be done with it.  :) 

• Like 2

which is what i suggested, to the op i wouldn't worry about it showing up but it is normally hidden, it happens from time to time, nothing to worry about really its just a simple recovery partition