Malware/Virus loading into system memory AV can not get rid of it

1 hour ago, ITOps said:

Yeah, don't let anyone on your box but yourself.  I always smile big when people ask if they can use my computer, I always say no.  It only takes a few minutes for a non owner to wreck havoc and jack your box up beyond repair.

Exactly.. there is a particular site I visit, which is a great site for what it's for but their ads suck. The moment you click the in the search box you get crap like this .. then it goes away until the next day you come back and click on the search box.

Capture.JPG

2.JPG

On 5/7/2018 at 10:07 PM, ITOps said:

This is good, sometimes this is the only way and best practice once your compromised anyway as you never know what else is really sitting on your machine.  Did you properly blow away your boot partitions too (MBR, GPT and do a full format to insure everything was wiped)?

tbh way i see it is, (home and work) can i fix it in under 30 mins? No? 

Screw it then do a nuke and rebuild everything from scratch, even my home game vol of 1Tb of games data with fibre, whats a few hours. Sometimes you cant beat a good clean install, hell even a W10 reset from OS level is decent enough, I prefer a proper boot media wipe though, inc delete/recreate raid vols in bios/iRST to be safe. GPT/secure boot all the way for me these days.