Microsoft is hiring for a new team in California to build 'AAA' Xbox games.

George P

Noticed by Rychu over at ResetEra, Microsoft is hiring a Principle Program Manager with experience in "AAA" games, located in Santa Monica, California.

Full article at WindowsCentral.

DConnell
4 minutes ago, George P said:

Noticed by Rychu over at ResetEra, Microsoft is hiring a Principle Program Manager with experience in "AAA" games, located in Santa Monica, California.

AAA games? I didn't realize there was a market for roadside assistance simulators ,,,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
dipsylalapo
31 minutes ago, George P said:

If they're only just hiring a programme manager (and it's not because the last one was fired) it's probably going to be 2+ years before we see anything materialise :( 

George P
29 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

If they're only just hiring a programme manager (and it's not because the last one was fired) it's probably going to be 2+ years before we see anything materialise :( 

That's if they're in need of an extra studio for something else because the rest are busy already?   It's no biggy though, it's not like most of E3 isn't games that are coming in 2-3 years anyways.    The big publishers often show stuff that's 2+ years out, repeatedly. 

Often the fastest way to get exclusives, if you want to have something soon, is to just strike a publishing deal with a 3rd part dev for it.  If MS is serious about it again, they've got the money to toss around to make publishing deals.

• Like 1
dipsylalapo

So at the weekend, I recently started playing through MCC (had it for ages, but only touched it). They need a game like Halo again. 

I don't know if it was mainly nostalgia but first landing on Halo and exploring the Truth and Reconciliation gave me an excitement in a video game that I haven't felt in ages. 

I've said previously, I love my Xbox but they need the AAA exclusive games that aren't online MP only. 

Vandalsquad

Halo is the best FPS trilogy to ever exist so it's hard to get that warm feeling again, but if it makes you feel better MCC is incoming with patches from the ground up to repair the online. The singleplayer always worked perfect for me? But I do need to do another playthrough on the X now :)

dipsylalapo
4 minutes ago, Vandalsquad said:

Halo is the best FPS trilogy to ever exist so it's hard to get that warm feeling again, but if it makes you feel better MCC is incoming with patches from the ground up to repair the online. The singleplayer always worked perfect for me? But I do need to do another playthrough on the X now :)

Yeah it's definitely up there for me. SP did work, but I've found that resuming the game was a little finicky and it hardly ever picked up where it left off. 

Ah well, let's see what MS bring!

George P
22 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Yeah it's definitely up there for me. SP did work, but I've found that resuming the game was a little finicky and it hardly ever picked up where it left off. 

Ah well, let's see what MS bring!

I think what they need to do for Halo 6 is make it open world.  We're going to yet another Halo ring as per the ending of Halo 5, might as well make the jump from linear shooter to open world shooter IMO.   They can still weave a tight narrative into it and not have it be a linear crawl from point a to point b with set pieces.

The fact we haven't heard anything about Halo 6 yet, maybe at this E3? might mean they're doing quite a bit to it.

Also, me, and others, are thinking that the MCC might come to Windows 10 later this year.  And before people start complaining about lack of Xbox exclusives, keep in mind we're talking old games, the first 2 of which were already on the PC originally.  After all this time I don't think they lose anything from putting it into the Store.

dipsylalapo
1 minute ago, George P said:

I think what they need to do for Halo 6 is make it open world.  We're going to yet another Halo ring as per the ending of Halo 5, might as well make the jump from linear shooter to open world shooter IMO.   They can still weave a tight narrative into it and not have it be a linear crawl from point a to point b with set pieces.

The fact we haven't heard anything about Halo 6 yet, maybe at this E3? might mean they're doing quite a bit to it.

Also, me, and others, are thinking that the MCC might come to Windows 10 later this year.  And before people start complaining about lack of Xbox exclusives, keep in mind we're talking old games, the first 2 of which were already on the PC originally.  After all this time I don't think they lose anything from putting it into the Store.

I wouldn't mind something that was open world, but I DO NOT want to see another MMOFPS game a la Destiny. Please give me endless offline and SP content :)

George P
51 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I wouldn't mind something that was open world, but I DO NOT want to see another MMOFPS game a la Destiny. Please give me endless offline and SP content :)

I'm with you there, open world with lots of side missions etc but SP.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Microsoft announces game stories in the Xbox app
      by Jay Bonggolto

Microsoft announced today a new feature in the Xbox app for Android and iOS that's inspired by a popular feature from various social networking apps. The Xbox app is adding stories from various game brands such as Forza, Halo, and Sea of Thieves.

The new stories feature has been showcased on Xbox's official Twitter account, and it has a similar interface that you can find on social networking platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat. Unlike stories from those services, however, the Xbox app's version displays the buttons for likes, shares, and comments at the bottom of the screen as well as their corresponding numbers.

Stories can be found below the cards of game titles and are labeled "official posts from games" instead of "stories". This means the content you will see are coming only from game brands you follow instead of from your friends like you can with most social media apps. There's no word on whether Microsoft will give users the ability to post stories on the app.

The new experience should be a welcome development for those who want to receive updates from their favorite game brands or studios. It also expands the app's capabilities after Microsoft added support for remote play last year along with a new UI that debuted on Xbox consoles with the October 2020 update.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Halo Infinite multiplayer detailed, brings in personal AIs for players
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

It was only yesterday that 343 Industries unveiled the first gameplay of Halo Infinite multiplayer, and already, another information drop has landed. The studio today gave an overview of the free-to-play venture's updated sandbox, the new Academy training system, bots, Spartan customization, battle pass, and other elements.

The Academy will be an onboarding experience for new players to Halo multiplayer, providing tutorials, weapon drills, and even a training mode with bots for those looking for a warmup before matchmaking.

The grappling hook that has gotten a lot of focus is a piece of equipment you pick up in multiplayer, letting you swing around maps while pulling in weapons and other equipment as well as zipping towards players and vehicles. Powerups like overshield and camouflage are now user activated after picking up, and dying before getting to activate means they drop on the ground for someone else to use.

Meanwhile, vehicles now have a damage system, letting wheels and various parts break off in combat affecting their maneuverability. Speaking of vehicles, 343 is introducing the Razorback as a more spacious and robust version of the Warthog, and alongside troops, it can also carry detached turrets, power weapons, fusion coils, and even objective items in a storage compartment on its back.

The new Personal AI system lets Spartans choose a helpful companion in multiplayer, complete with appearance and personality customization. These will give you "moment to moment updates" such as instructions to go back to base after picking up an enemy flag. Don't worry, the Halo announcer is still there for jumping in with quips for the big moments.

Moving on to customization, your super soldier's body type, voice, optional prosthetics, individual armor pieces, weapons, vehicles, and more can all be tinkered with heavily. Moreover, it's not just in-game this can be done, as both the HaloWaypoint website and app will allow the capability from the outside.

The studio reiterated that there won't be any loot boxes in Halo Infinite, and all content that can be unlocked via progression, the battle passes, or purchased on the shop will be cosmetic in nature. Battle passes will also remain in the game after a season ends so players could go back and earn something they missed out on later.

Halo Infinite's campaign and the free multiplayer portion is coming to PC via the Microsoft Store and Steam, as well as Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles this holiday. Head here to sign up for upcoming flights. The title will have cross-progression across all platforms, and while crossplay will also be a feature, it's unclear if this is only for certain modes or if it will be enabled across everything.

• By Sszecret
      The meme is real: Xbox Mini Fridge, launching holiday 2021
      by Florin Bodnarescu

Back when Microsoft unveiled the Series X at The Game Awards in 2019, some said it looked like a fridge. The monolithic design in fact spawned several memes, and the company gave in, creating a real-life Series X fridge, which it sent to influencers.

Some folks expressed their wish for a smaller, mini fridge form factor of the meme, to which Aaron Greenberg, Xbox's GM of Marketing, responded:

Unsurprisingly, Xbox won the voting poll on Twitter and, true to the promise, to cap off today's Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, Microsoft unveiled a small surprise: the Xbox Mini Fridge.

Powered by the latest in cooling architecture - not to be confused with the Velocity Architecture -, the little appliance mimics the design of its console counterpart, down to the green design of the cooling holes at the top.

The Xbox Mini Fridge is launching holiday 2021 for an as of yet undisclosed price. This will probably come day one to Game Pass as well.

• By Sszecret
      S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl lands April 28, 2022, gameplay trailer released
      by Florin Bodnarescu

It was March of last year when developer GSC Game World shared the first in-engine screenshot of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, its first foray into this world since 2010's S.TA.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. Then, during last year's Xbox Games Showcase in July, we saw an in-engine trailer for the game. Now, the developer has offered folks an official gameplay look (see above) at the upcoming title, as well as a release date.

The sequel to the first trilogy of games, now dubbed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl, is described as such:

via S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Beyond the details above, the developer has also released the minimum, as well as recommended system requirements. They are:

Minimum system requirements Recommended system requirements OS Windows 10 (no version specified) CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600X / Intel Core i5-7600K AMD Ryzen 7 3700X / Intel Core i7-9700K RAM 8GB 16GB GPU AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
      AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Storage 150GB S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl is coming April 28, 2022 to Steam, Epic Games Store, Xbox Series X|S, and will also launch day one in Game Pass.

It's available in a number of variants, with the digital versions coming in Standard ($59.99), Deluxe ($79.99), and Ultimate ($109.99) flavors.

The retails variants come in Standard ($59.99), Limited ($79.99), Collector's ($179.99) and Ultimate ($339.99) flavors, the latter of which contains an Artefact Container Lamp and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. backpack, beyond the artbook and Stalker figurine present in the Collector's edition.

• By Abhay V
      Flight Simulator heads to Xbox Series X|S on July 27, pre-orders open now
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Microsoft is holding its Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase at E3 today where it is showing off a bunch of exclusive titles coming to the Xbox platform, including the likes of Starfield and more. Among the announcements was also the much-anticipated release date for the launch of Flight Simulator on Xbox Series X|S. That date is July 27, and unsurprisingly, the game will be included with Xbox Game Pass.

Flight Simulator – the company’s ” longest-running game franchise” – launched on the PC via the Microsoft Store and Steam, and quickly became the biggest Game Pass launch on the PC, with the simulator gaining over a million players within a span of one month. By December last year, the firm revealed that over two million people had played the game, an impressive stat for a simulation offering. The company also added VR support late last year, further enhancing the experience of the title.

Since launch, the game has picked up numerous World Updates aimed at enhancing visual for specific locations, which the company says will make it to Xbox players as well. The firm is also working with third parties to add support for additional peripherals to the console and promises the “same level of depth as the PC version” for users of its latest generation consoles.

Another surprise reveal today was a Top Gun: Maverick expansion that will make it to the game on November 19, aligning with the release of the Top Gun: Maverick movie, which the firm is celebrating with Paramount Pictures. While not much in the way of details was provided, the trailer hints at the addition of aircraft carriers and an F/A-18 Super Hornet.

Flight Simulator will be available for Xbox Game Pass users on Series X and Series S consolers on day one and subscribers can go ahead and pre-install the game today. For everyone else, pre-orders open today in the Xbox Store.