'Deodorant Challenge' leaves teen with second-degree burns

8 minutes ago, LaP said:

The tide pod challenge was dumb. But come on I'm a middle aged man and i did not know that deodorant could hurt like that. I mean what kind of deodorants are strong enough to hurt someone like that? You could apply my whole dove men + care tube on your arm and lick it and you would probably not hurt yourself much.

someone obviously knew it would cause pain otherwise something this stupid wouldn't have gained this much traction with said kids. They would have sprayed themselves once for a min or 2 then been like "OK....that was a thing" and not bothered with it again.

these trends don't come from nothing

52 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

someone obviously knew it would cause pain otherwise something this stupid wouldn't have gained this much traction with said kids. They would have sprayed themselves once for a min or 2 then been like "OK....that was a thing" and not bothered with it again.

these trends don't come from nothing

Having been in bootcamp seeing all the dumb crap kids do... yeah, I wouldn't put it past them. There were guys in there putting Tiger's Balm (think really strong IcyHot or Bengay) on their testicles as a "challenge". One kid determined to outdo everyone though... shoved some up his butthole. Yup.

2 minute later, the kid's drenched in sweat regretting his decision.

People are stupid. :ermm:

On 5/8/2018 at 2:05 PM, Brandon H said:

many parents are afraid to so much as spank their child for fear of them being taken away; this mindset is very damaging and is causing the most harm i think in the long run

Exactly.

it seems like common sense that a kid needs a spanking from time-to-time as they have been doing it for ages and people turned out okay. when you can't discipline your kids like that is when all hell breaks loose.

1 hour ago, dead.cell said:

Having been in bootcamp seeing all the dumb crap kids do... yeah, I wouldn't put it past them. There were guys in there putting Tiger's Balm (think really strong IcyHot or Bengay) on their testicles as a "challenge". One kid determined to outdo everyone though... shoved some up his butthole. Yup.

2 minute later, the kid's drenched in sweat regretting his decision.

People are stupid. :ermm:

All I got to say is, WTF. humanity is doomed if things keep 'progressing' in that direction as each generation passes. hell, before you know it people will be putting guns in their mouths pulling the trigger and then others will wonder why they die. lol

I know we all do some dumb things when we are teenagers etc. but damn, this stuff is a no brain-er. that person really did "out-do" the others, in terms of lack of brain power that is. it's like any normal person would not want stuff touching those areas, especially up their butt. I seriously think some of these people have to have either mental issues or they are just really slow in the head. it's almost like you just want to beat the crap out of those kinds of people. they are just F-up's.

at this rate... all of us around here will seem like rocket scientists in the next couple of decades in comparison to the next generation of kids.

16 minutes ago, ThaCrip said:

Exactly.

it seems like common sense that a kid needs a spanking from time-to-time as they have been doing it for ages and people turned out okay. when you can't discipline your kids like that is when all hell breaks loose.

# 12 Appeal to tradition

16 minutes ago, ThaCrip said:

All I got to say is, WTF. humanity is doomed if things keep 'progressing' in that direction as each generation passes. hell, before you know it people will be putting guns in their mouths pulling the trigger and then others will wonder why they die. lol

I know we all do some dumb things when we are teenagers etc. but damn, this stuff is a no brain-er. that person really did "out-do" the others, in terms of lack of brain power that is. it's like any normal person would not want stuff touching those areas, especially up their butt. I seriously think some of these people have to have either mental issues or they are just really slow in the head. it's almost like you just want to beat the crap out of those kinds of people. they are just F-up's.

at this rate... all of us around here will seem like rocket scientists in the next couple of decades in comparison to the next generation of kids.

It's called Russian Roulette.  It was a semi-popular activity here in the Midwest around 1968 (Vietnam era).  I knew of 2 people that died.  It only lasted for a very short time, needless to say. 

Stupid, dangerous antics come and go and change for every generation.  Smoking was a peer pressure thing too.  Two guys have their forearms touching and dropping a lit cigarette in the middle was a rite of passage.  (Yes it hurt and the one who flinched was the weenie!)

It's all fun and games till someone gets hurt.  :yes:

7 hours ago, LaP said:

The tide pod challenge was dumb. But come on I'm a middle aged man and i did not know that deodorant could hurt like that. I mean what kind of deodorants are strong enough to hurt someone like that? You could apply my whole dove men + care tube on your arm and lick it and you would probably not hurt yourself much.

It isn't the deodorant, it is the extreme cold produced by the aerosol spray. They were freezing their skin and giving themselves first degree burns.