Windows 10 LAN different with April Update

To be fair, the "average" Windows user doesn't even use shares on others machines.   If I don't have drives mapped at work, they would literally never find anything.  Even with the mapped drives it is tough for some.  

They just care about the machine they're working on.

1 hour ago, farmeunit said:

To be fair, the "average" Windows user doesn't even use shares on others machines.   If I don't have drives mapped at work, they would literally never find anything.  Even with the mapped drives it is tough for some.  

They just care about the machine they're working on.

Good point. There will be lots of definitions and classes of "average"

In the case of the members of my family, they can physically see the various computers in various rooms and mentally know which computers in Network Neighborhood correspond to real computers they can touch.

In an environment like that, mapped network drives are both abstract and bizarre and there would be quite a learning curve to achieve nothing useful at all.

But the home environment is exactly the type of thing that Network Neighborhood was invented for along with small offices like a local Real Estate sales office where all 10 workers can see each others computers at the desk and in Network Neighborhood.

As the size of the network grows and servers get hidden away in server rooms, then other abstractions and views might be more appropriate...