Looking for new e-mail client.

Question

I've been using thunderbird for quite a while. However it's lack of support is starting to annoy me. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a simple email client with good aesthetics.  Supporting themes would be a huge plus!

18 answers to this question

Thunderbird is fine client, what lack of support?

Anyways, there is Windows 10 Mail client, if you're using Windows 10!

I really only find solace in Outlook. It also interacts best with plugins from things like AV and anti-spam clients. But tht is obviously paid.

Win10 Mail isn;'t too bad. I haven't used eM, but it looks solid...

19 hours ago, Zagadka said:

What are the features you need in it?

Just basic sending and receiving of email, and I'd really like it to support themes.

51 minutes ago, Chronigan said:

Just basic sending and receiving of email, and I'd really like it to support themes.

You just described Thunderbird.

I use Postbox too, it based on Thunderbird and but gets updates and has more features. But it's might be hard to justify the price.

emClient isn't bad and a free version is available (which lets you add up to two accounts).

Mailbird is another option, although I personally don't like the interface.

windows 10 mail client is fine. I use it for my Hotmail/outlook, gmail, and yahoo email accounts...

On 5/15/2018 at 9:46 PM, warwagon said:

You just described Thunderbird.

I haven't seen any themes since thunderbird 3 days. it also doesn't play well with window blinds, even when window blinds is set to not theme it.

20 minutes ago, Chronigan said:

I haven't seen any themes since thunderbird 3 days. it also doesn't play well with window blinds, even when window blinds is set to not theme it.

All there since TB is Firefox compatible - plenty of themes..!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/themes/

20 hours ago, Jaybonaut said:

Here's one of my concerns: how trustworthy is the company behind the email clients out there?  Do they dial home?  etc.

It is more likely that Windows dials home (read NSA) in case your email contents is of concern.

3 hours ago, HonkyTonk7 said:

It is more likely that Windows dials home (read NSA) in case your email contents is of concern.

Unsubstantiated claim is unsubstantiated. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jaybonaut said:

Thanks NSA defender!

Hinting at wanting a substantiated claim makes me an nsa defender? Do you also believe in Santa And the Tooth Fairy because other kids did? Or do you have the ability to think for yourself and want evidence?

10 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Hinting at wanting a substantiated claim makes me an nsa defender? Do you also believe in Santa And the Tooth Fairy because other kids did? Or do you have the ability to think for yourself and want evidence?

Not taking sides here but all HonkyTonk7 said was that it was MORE LIKELY that it phoned home.

47 minutes ago, Mieky242 said:

Not taking sides here but all HonkyTonk7 said was that it was MORE LIKELY that it phoned home.

And all I said is it was an unsubstantiated claim. Let’s see some evidence. I could say it’s more likely to snow tomorrow but if the sky is clear and it’s 100 degrees outside, do you think it holds any weight?

I use emclient, it's free for personal use up to 2 email accounts. There are several themes, but more like color schemes. Only weird bug with emclient is if you delete a folder with subfolders, you can't empty the parent folder (in recycle bin) unless you manually delete the lowest subfolder first. I guess that's one way to slow down accidental deletion. ? Give it a try.