Santa Fe High School shooting

18 minutes ago, ncoday said:

Since the ass wipe only used a shotgun and a revolver, I bet the calls for more gun control die off

"Hold my gluten free beer" - The Left

Who needs gun control when you can have door control. 

The excuses keep get more stupid by the minute.. 

Santa Fe High: Texas lieutenant governor blames shooting on “too many entrances”

The lieutenant governor, a social conservative firebrand who recently pushed to allow concealed carry in churches, listed off a series of what he called “outside the box” ideas for stopping school shootings. These included having students enter schools at different times (so there’d be fewer crowds to shoot at), parents doing a better job locking up their guns, and, most remarkably, limiting the number of doorways into schools.

“There are too many entrances and too many exits to our over 8,000 campuses,” Patrick said. “There aren’t enough people to put a guard at every entry and exit.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/5/18/17369832/santa-fe-high-texas-shooting-dan-patrick

Yeah, too many entrances are why these kids are dying in these schools. 

• Like 1

I'm just gonna say this.

There's something deeply and fundamentally wrong with today's society.

He had nazi symbols on his facebook page. Another right wing nutter.

Wait a minute... All these school shooters have been right wing nutters.

1 hour ago, wakjak said:

I'm glad all those law makers are sending their thoughts and prayers. That's definitely keeping those kids safe and these school shootings to Minimum. 

The shooter is 17.  It already is illegal for him to be given or own any firearm.  So please, how many more laws could there have been to change that in any way?  Contrary to what you think, you can't legislate evil away.

1 minute ago, Xilo said:

Don't leave out the rest: he also had a communist hammer and sickle.  Sounds more like antifa scum (see, I can pick and choose things to fit a narrative just like you!)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Xilo said:

Except they haven't been. But don't stop the narrative.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

It can't, but it can can certainly limit the damages.

For example, if Nikolas Cruz only had a revolver, fewer people would have died.

Or maybe he would have had two which is easier to conceal and carry around. Think before you post. 

38 minutes ago, Nashy said:

This is probably not a gun control issue.  /s

Considering the guy also had bombs he was looking to hurt people no matter what. The absence of guns wouldn't have changed that.

IMO this isn't a mental health case either, the kid just looks like a psychopath to me.

42 minutes ago, Nashy said:

This is probably not a gun control issue.  /s

Agreed. If guns were banned there wouldn’t have been those bombs ;)

1 hour ago, trag3dy said:

Considering the guy also had bombs he was looking to hurt people no matter what. The absence of guns wouldn't have changed that.

IMO this isn't a mental health case either, the kid just looks like a psychopath to me.

Both psychopathy AND sociopathy have long and established histories in classic mental health (psychiatry AND psychology).  Both also - unfortunately - have lomg histories of being useful in "polite" society (and I wish I were joking) - see a ton of my posts in RWI (not Domestic Politics) - including the military forces of the planet entire; the same can be said of law enforcement as well.  Can we (in fact, will we - as a planetary society) ever admit that publicly?  Three guesses as to my response to that!

15 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Agreed. If guns were banned there wouldn’t have been those bombs ;)

Funny how people gloss over the bombs that were found. Guess it is ok at long as they didn't go off... 

We have very strict gun control in the UK.

We have had a massive rise of knife related crimes in the UK.

Gun control is PART of the solution, but it's not the entire solution.  Social issues are the problem here!

But writing the gun issue off as a non-issue is just as ridiculous.

• Like 1

This is what happens in "red" states. Ignorance is a loophole. Check Arizona, where you can buy a weapon, go outside into the parking lot, and re-sell said weapon, for 3x the price you paid for it. Background checks not needed. As long as they don't tell you they will use it for illegal purposes, you're good. Check Virginia, who has a weekly gun show at the Dulles Expo Centre. No background checks needed. None. Tax evasion is rampant in red states. I'm not legally allowed to purchase a firearm, yet I can, and no one is held to blame for selling it to me. AK-47 is the tool. 

On 5/18/2018 at 12:21 PM, Euphoria said:

Look your intention is right, but there is no way of preventing illegal gun purchases. Unless you are able to get rid off all fire arms in the world... and then someone will still find a way to inflict damage and pain through other means.

Terrorist in Paris, Nice, New York, Barcelona...... a driver of a motor vehicle killed multiple people without using a firearm... point being is not the fire arm thats the issue but the crazy person holding it/sitting behind the wheel.

It's called background checks. Just like the illegal immigrants who get a job because their employer doesn't use E-Verify. Hold those accountable. 

18 hours ago, wakjak said:

Oh, you're one of those. 

600,000 non welfare recipients? Oh yeah, chose one. Welfare or abortion. Chose one

On 5/18/2018 at 11:42 AM, Mockingbird said:

Texas attorney general says "thoughts and prayers of all Texans" are with Santa Fe

That's all Republicans ever say: "thoughts and prayers", "thoughts and prayers", "thoughts and prayers"

You should re-read

Thoughts and prayers, aka nobody cares. If god was so great, he wouldn't have created the devil to stroke his/her ego

This is now the kind of experience that students get for attending U.S. schools (now that mass shootings happen so often)

17 hours ago, Nogib said:

The shooter is 17.  It already is illegal for him to be given or own any firearm.  So please, how many more laws could there have been to change that in any way?  Contrary to what you think, you can't legislate evil away.

Don't leave out the rest: he also had a communist hammer and sickle.  Sounds more like antifa scum (see, I can pick and choose things to fit a narrative just like you!)

How about charging the parents with a crime for not properly securing said weapons? 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sizzlenutts said:

This is what happens in "red" states. Ignorance is a loophole. Check Arizona, where you can buy a weapon, go outside into the parking lot, and re-sell said weapon, for 3x the price you paid for it. Background checks not needed. As long as they don't tell you they will use it for illegal purposes, you're good. Check Virginia, who has a weekly gun show at the Dulles Expo Centre. No background checks needed. None. Tax evasion is rampant in red states. I'm not legally allowed to purchase a firearm, yet I can, and no one is held to blame for selling it to me. AK-47 is the tool. 

When was the last school shooting in Arizona? Now let’s actually stay relevant to the article. How does taking his father’s weapons relate to what you said?

2 minutes ago, Sizzlenutts said:

Oh wait,red state, parents aren't accountable for a d@mn thing. Sounds like every other red state. 

Way for some genius to make a tragedy political. Stupid parents are stupid regardless of political views or locale. 

5 minutes ago, Sizzlenutts said:

Oh wait,red state, parents aren't accountable for a d@mn thing. Sounds like every other red state. 

Some of what you said (holding parents responsible for not securing their firearms) holds water, but your "Red State" comments and arguments are pure horse manure.  Stop pushing that agenda, enter a sensible conversation and people may listen.

On 5/18/2018 at 12:17 PM, Mockingbird said:

They don't give a damn until someone they love died.

Politicians don't care until it is one of them being shot. Oh wait, that happened, they still don't care.