• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Santa Fe High School shooting

Recommended Posts

+Human.Online    8,532
5 minutes ago, Sizzlenutts said:

Typical Americans, lazy.

I've no idea where you are from, so I cannot make a lazy generalisation to write off an entire nation.  Thankfully, I'm educated, respectful and not that lazy either.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sizzlenutts    3
Just now, NJL said:

Some of what you said (holding parents responsible for not securing their firearms) holds water, but your "Red State" comments and arguments are pure horse manure.  Stop pushing that agenda, enter a sensible conversation and people may listen.

Sure. I,or you can buy a gun I'm Arizona, sell it legally to the Mexican in the parking lot, and as long as they don't tell you it will be used for illegal purposes, you are clear. Fast and furious? Yeah, that's what it was about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Human.Online    8,532
Just now, Sizzlenutts said:

Sure. I,or you can buy a gun I'm Arizona, sell it legally to the Mexican in the parking lot, and as long as they don't tell you it will be used for illegal purposes, you are clear. Fast and furious? Yeah, that's what it was about. 

I know this.  And that point is valid.  But all your inane commentary around the sides just makes you look like a jackass.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Human.Online    8,532
1 minute ago, Sizzlenutts said:

Let's see, a nation with above 60℅ of its population being obese. That's not lazy to you? Maybe if fattie decides to walk for once, they wouldn't be obese. I've lived in California, Arizona, Texas and Virginia. 

Well, there's no arguing with someone who generalises an entire nation and then uses another unrelated argument in a sad attempt to back it up.  Like I said, making valid points but dressing them with such childish diatribe just makes you look foolish and valid points easily dismissed.  We're done here.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sizzlenutts    3
7 minutes ago, NJL said:

Some of what you said (holding parents responsible for not securing their firearms) holds water, but your "Red State" comments and arguments are pure horse manure.  Stop pushing that agenda, enter a sensible conversation and people may listen.

Also, look up the laws regarding receiving/selling stolen property. Red states use ignorance as an excuse. Legally speaking, charges can and will be dropped if you claim ignorance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mockingbird    2,780

Serious question for people who have kids (I am not ready to have one):

 

If this is actually your child, would you tell her?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barney T.    2,334

Please note: Posting derogatory comments about groups of people, races, countries, or such will invoke warns /restrictions on your account. Please post maturely.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne    12,301
12 minutes ago, Sizzlenutts said:

Also, look up the laws regarding receiving/selling stolen property. Red states use ignorance as an excuse. Legally speaking, charges can and will be dropped if you claim ignorance. 

You are so full of it...show me where claiming ignorance drops charges. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sizzlenutts    3
13 minutes ago, NJL said:

I know this.  And that point is valid.  But all your inane commentary around the sides just makes you look like a jackass.

I appreciate your comment. I can respect that you are being honest in your statement. That is something that is difficult to see/hear in this day and age. So I definitely appreciate your candid and honest reply. Thank you

 

1 minute ago, Barney T. said:

Please note: Posting derogatory comments about groups of people, races, countries, or such will invoke warns /restrictions on your account. Please post maturely.

I apologise for the true to life statement about more than 60% of Americans being obese. That is a clinical fact.

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

You are so full of it...show me where claiming ignorance drops charges. 

Virginia. "I didn't know it was stolen when I purchased it for 10% of its retail value" that will get you off on the charges, with a public defender no less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne    12,301
2 minutes ago, Sizzlenutts said:

I appreciate your comment. I can respect that you are being honest in your statement. That is something that is difficult to see/hear in this day and age. So I definitely appreciate your candid and honest reply. Thank you

 

I apologise for the true to life statement about more than 60% of Americans being obese. That is a clinical fact.

Virginia. "I didn't know it was stolen when I purchased it for 10% of its retail value" that will get you off on the charges, with a public defender no less

Nice unsubstantiated claim. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mockingbird    2,780

Texas official blames school shooting on too many exits and entrances

Quote

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick blamed Friday's massacre at a high school near Houston in part on "too many entrances and too many exits" on the campus, prompting some to mock his perspective as "door control."

 

"From what we know, this student walked in ... with a long coat and a shotgun under his coat," said Patrick, a Republican who has an A+ rating from the National Rifle Association. "It's 90 degrees. Had there been one single entrance possibly for every student, maybe he would have been stopped."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/19/us/texas-school-shooting-exits-trnd/index.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barney T.    2,334
9 minutes ago, Sizzlenutts said:

 

I apologise for the true to life statement about more than 60% of Americans being obese. That is a clinical fact.

 

 The latest figures from the CDC as of 2014 show that more than one-third (36.5%) of U.S. adults age 20 and older[14] and 17% of children and adolescents aged 2–19 years were obese.[15] A second study from the National Center for Health Statistics at the CDC showed that 39.6% of US adults age 20 and older were obese as of 2015-2016 (37.9% for men and 41.1% for women).[16]

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_States

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sizzlenutts    3
3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Nice unsubstantiated claim. 

Been there, done that. Bicycle theft if DC, and Arlington, Va. They have the Arlington police homicide division as a joint unit for bicycle theft. And Arlington, Va has had how many homicides in the last 20 years? I was a witness to one, at the 7-11 at 3600 Columbia Pike parking lot in 1998.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sizzlenutts    3
4 minutes ago, Barney T. said:

 The latest figures from the CDC as of 2014 show that more than one-third (36.5%) of U.S. adults age 20 and older[14] and 17% of children and adolescents aged 2–19 years were obese.[15] A second study from the National Center for Health Statistics at the CDC showed that 39.6% of US adults age 20 and older were obese as of 2015-2016 (37.9% for men and 41.1% for women).[16]

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_States

I'm an American, and if a 71 year old can grow an inch just so that he is .1% below the BMI index for obese, then sure. There is a reason why anorexic people are less that 2% of the population. Most don't have the self control. I'm anorexic. Its the one last thing I can have control over in my pitiful life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barney T.    2,334

This is a better study on obesity:

Quote

Obesity, a common and costly health issue that increases risk for heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer, affects more than one-third of adults and 17 percent of youth in the United States. By the numbers, 78 million adults and 12 million children are obese—figures many regard as an epidemic. Adults are considered obese when they are about 35 pounds overweight. In 2013, obesity rates among American adults remained high. No state has an obesity rate below 21 percent and rates have risen in six states—Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, New Jersey, Tennessee, and Wyoming. In two states obesity rates now exceed 35 percent for the first time and 20 states have obesity rates at or above 30 percent.

 

 

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/obesity-statistics-in-the-united-states.aspx

 

While obesity is a serious problem, the facts you are quoting are completely wrong, as well as misleading. An entire country of people are neither fat, lazy, or mindless.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,923
53 minutes ago, Barney T. said:

tire country of people are neither fat, lazy, or mindless.

 ?   And what does obesity have to do with the topic? 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+trag3dy    4,098
1 hour ago, Mockingbird said:

This is now the kind of experience that students get for attending U.S. schools (now that mass shootings happen so often)

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, Mockingbird said:

Serious question for people who have kids (I am not ready to have one):

 

If this is actually your child, would you tell her?

 

 

How many times are you going to post the same video?

 

Let me ask you a question, do you think we should let our emotions dictate how and when we create laws?

 

Let me ask you another question, if we can't or won't enforce the laws we have now what do you think adding more on top of them will do?

 

And another one. Since this kid had bombs inside the school do you think if he didn't have guns he wouldn't have gone through with the shooting? Because the existence of bombs kind of changes everything.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mockingbird    2,780
20 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

 

How many times are you going to post the same video?

 

Let me ask you a question, do you think we should let our emotions dictate how and when we create laws?

 

Let me ask you another question, if we can't or won't enforce the laws we have now what do you think adding more on top of them will do?

 

And another one. Since this kid had bombs inside the school do you think if he didn't have guns he wouldn't have gone through with the shooting? Because the existence of bombs kind of changes everything.

Absolutely.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+trag3dy    4,098
3 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

Absolutely.

And you don't see any problem with that at all?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wakjak    18,595

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mockingbird    2,780
5 hours ago, trag3dy said:

And you don't see any problem with that at all?

Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FloatingFatMan    18,751
5 hours ago, wakjak said:

 

So much for arming teachers being the solution. :rolleyes: 

 

There is only one way to stop this, but there is no will on the part of US citizens to actually do it.  So really, it's just another day in the good old US of A.. Where your kids go to school, and come home in a body bag.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne    12,301
1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

So much for arming teachers being the solution. :rolleyes: 

 

There is only one way to stop this, but there is no will on the part of US citizens to actually do it.  So really, it's just another day in the good old US of A.. Where your kids go to school, and come home in a body bag.

In this particular case, how would have gun control or outright banning affected them finding bombs? People intent on causing harm don’t care about laws. 

 

The root of the issue may involve guns but it’s not the cause. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wakjak    18,595
1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

In this particular case, how would have gun control or outright banning affected them finding bombs? People intent on causing harm don’t care about laws. 

Well.... The bombs didn't kill 10 kids. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne    12,301
5 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Well.... The bombs didn't kill 10 kids. 

True, they found them. That’s not to say they couldn’t have killed many more than that. Again, guns are an issue only in that it made it easier. It didn’t cause the problem to begin with. It would be foolish to believe that the root cause disappears with guns bring banned. The bombs are a perfect example of that. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.