• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Not a newbie to this site rather a retunee!

processing_unit    5
Posted (edited)

I first discovered neowin back in the good old days of countless builds of Longhorn now known as Vista, back then your main rival was PROnetworks and if i'm not mistaken is still running to this day!!

Anyway I just thought i'd say a quick hello. Also I would like to say thank you again to Steve Parker for helping me sort my account, thanks again Steve

• Like 5

processing_unit    5
Posted (edited)

Ok I said rival, you weren't really rivals, you just were very similar websites in content!

+Jimmy1    10,316

neowin less then 5,000 ranking position

lronetworks less the 2,500,000 ranking position

lol. did you come here to promote pronetworks? because looks like no one knows about them 

processing_unit    5

No I did no! If you ask people who were about back then they would know what I was talking about

+Jimmy1    10,316
33 minutes ago, processing_unit said:

No I did no! If you ask people who were about back then they would know what I was talking about

I was. i joined to read about Longhorn

Jim K    11,282

Welcome back! 

• Like 1

processing_unit    5

Thank you Jim, much appreciated! being in I.T. support I look forward to helping out around here.

Barney T.    2,285

Welcome back! I remember the days that you speak of. It doesn't seem that long ago!

• Like 1

processing_unit    5
1 minute ago, Barney T. said:

Welcome back! I remember the days that you speak of. It doesn't seem that long ago!

Thank you Barney

patseguin    1,240

Welcome back! I remember those days as well!

Euphoria    1,946
On 5/20/2018 at 6:31 AM, processing_unit said:

I first discovered neowin back in the good old days of countless builds of Longhorn now known as Vista, back then your main rival was PROnetworks and if i'm not mistaken is still running to this day!!

Anyway I just thought i'd say a quick hello. Also I would like to say thank you again to Steve Parker for helping me sort my account, thanks again Steve

Dont remember ever visiting PROnetworks but I joined Neowin in 2001, right after Win XP was released. Trying to figure out how to tweak XP for performance by editing the registry  :)

Good old days of XP. Neowin was the forum for customization and tweaking.

• Like 2

Mando    5,116

welcome back matey.

hehe ahh Euphoria, Tweak Xp by Total Idea! ? yup i bought it too, i came here for cha ninja themes i think, joined in 2002. Holy croutons 16years :|

Cool another support monkey to join the fold in hardware hangout ;) Silicon Simian and proud here too!

and a fellow Corsair AIO fan, they really do the dogs business huh? 115i in this sig build.

• Like 2

Euphoria    1,946
27 minutes ago, Mando said:

welcome back matey.

hehe ahh Euphoria, Tweak Xp by Total Idea! ? yup i bought it too, i came here for cha ninja themes i think, joined in 2002. Holy croutons 16years :|

Cool another support monkey to join the fold in hardware hangout ;) Silicon Simian and proud here too!

and a fellow Corsair AIO fan, they really do the dogs business huh? 115i in this sig build.

Haha yeah :) time flies....

BTW nice build!

I almost went with the Corsair AIO myself but then opted for a mini ITX compact build... havei7 8700k & 2x 500GB of Samsung 960 evo in Raid 0 :D  but am waiting for GTX 1180 to upgrade my 1070.

• Like 1

Mando    5,116
6 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

Haha yeah :) time flies....

BTW nice build!

I almost went with the Corsair AIO myself but then opted for a mini ITX compact build... havei7 8700k & 2x 500GB of Samsung 960 evo in Raid 0 :D  but am waiting for GTX 1180 to upgrade my 1070.

Dunno if you wanna know this but, you know they make an mini ITX one right?

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Hydro-Series™-H5-SF-Low-Profile-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060023-WW

the cooler rocks, was @sc302who got me onto AIO, never going back, wish id bought the hybrid kit for my EVGA FE 1080ti when they stocked them. :( Ive emailed and asked them for any remaining stock. entire system all hidden wiring etc in a Corsair 400C in black with blue Led Ram n corsair fans on rad n case.

Euphoria    1,946
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mando said:

Dunno if you wanna know this but, you know they make an mini ITX one right?

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Hydro-Series™-H5-SF-Low-Profile-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060023-WW

the cooler rocks, was @sc302who got me onto AIO, never going back, wish id bought the hybrid kit for my EVGA FE 1080ti when they stocked them. :( Ive emailed and asked them for any remaining stock.

Heh did not see that before... that's one sweet low profile cooler.

BTW how often to you have to drain and refill the closed loop water cooler?

Yeah I was looking at the hybrid too... I found one a month ago but was so over priced, I decided to wait for few months until 1180 comes out... and maybe prices will go down by then...

Mando    5,116
38 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

BTW how often to you have to drain and refill the closed loop water cooler?

heh never ;) sealed for life,
Most AIO coolants are a mix of mostly water, Propylene Glycol, and then trace amounts of anti-corrosives and biocides.

• Like 3

sc302    1,595

Yea, the 115i is a kick ass cooler.  the low profile looks pretty slick too.  

firey    3,847

I remember PRONetworks. That's where I used to get longhorn builds (that and msbetas). Also learned about Mandrake (Mandriva) linux there.  So long ago!