Surge in knife crime pushes London's murder rate beyond New York's

London police have investigated more murders than their New York counterparts over the past two months, statistics show, and the British capital's mayor is vowing to fight what he calls a "violent scourge" on the streets.

There were 15 murders in London in February, against 14 in New York, according to London's Metropolitan Police Service and the New York Police Department. For March, 22 murders were investigated in London, with 21 reports in New York.

In the latest bloodshed, a 17-year-old girl died on Monday after she was found with gunshot wounds in Tottenham, north London, a day after a man was fatally stabbed in south London.

"The mayor is deeply concerned by violent crime in the capital — every life lost to violent crime is a tragedy," a spokesperson for Mayor Sadiq Khan said in a statement on Tuesday. "Our city remains one of the safest in the world … but Sadiq wants it to be even safer and is working hard to bring an end to this violent scourge."

More...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/london-murder-rate-new-york-knife-crime-rises-1.4607737

11 minutes ago, techbeck said:

London police have investigated more murders than their New York counterparts over the past two months, statistics show, and the British capital's mayor is vowing to fight what he calls a "violent scourge" on the streets.

There were 15 murders in London in February, against 14 in New York, according to London's Metropolitan Police Service and the New York Police Department. For March, 22 murders were investigated in London, with 21 reports in New York.

In the latest bloodshed, a 17-year-old girl died on Monday after she was found with gunshot wounds in Tottenham, north London, a day after a man was fatally stabbed in south London.

"The mayor is deeply concerned by violent crime in the capital — every life lost to violent crime is a tragedy," a spokesperson for Mayor Sadiq Khan said in a statement on Tuesday. "Our city remains one of the safest in the world … but Sadiq wants it to be even safer and is working hard to bring an end to this violent scourge."

More...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/london-murder-rate-new-york-knife-crime-rises-1.4607737

You can ban guns, but you cant ban crazy...

On 5/25/2018 at 2:08 PM, Euphoria said:

You can ban guns, but you cant ban crazy...

Crazy has little to do with it. It's gang culture causing this surge in violence.  Almost every single incident so far has been gang related.

6 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Crazy has little to do with it. It's gang culture causing this surge in violence.  Almost every single incident so far has been gang related.

and we all know crazy has nothing to do with being in a gang... because these are not psychopaths but normal law abiding citizens and taxpayers

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

and we all know crazy has nothing to do with being in a gang... because these are not psychopaths but normal law abiding citizens and taxpayers

Criminality does not equate to sanity, but you knew that already.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Criminality does not equate to sanity, but you knew that already.

We are not talking here about shoplifters but people stabbing to death other people... but you already knew that

25 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

We are not talking here about shoplifters but people stabbing to death other people... but you already knew that

Still doesn't automatically make them insane.

4 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Psychiatrist around the world would disagree with you.... but what do I know... we did have democrats in the US defend MS-13 just couple of weeks ago. It seems to be the latest trend from the liberal left.

32 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

Psychiatrist around the world would disagree with you.... but what do I know... we did have democrats in the US defend MS-13 just couple of weeks ago. It seems to be the latest trend from the liberal left.

Y'know, I was going to write a nice long and detailed post explaining my thinking on this, but I really just can't be bothered.  I've had 4 hours sleep since Monday thanks to all the bloody chemo side-effects my wife is suffering currently, and I just can't be bothered to deal with you any more.  I'm tired.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Y'know, I was going to write a nice long and detailed post explaining my thinking on this, but I really just can't be bothered.  I've had 4 hours sleep since Monday thanks to all the bloody chemo side-effects my wife is suffering currently, and I just can't be bothered to deal with you any more.  I'm tired.

That’s gotta be hard man. I’m sorry. 

1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Clinically, no.  But personally, I think these people are nutts.

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

That’s gotta be hard man. I’m sorry. 

Random throwing up since Tuesday's treatment is not fun...  Some things she can keep down, most others, not. Tomato soup seems OK so far... :(

4 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Clinically, no.  But personally, I think these people are nutts.

In general I might agree with you. But some people don't do this stuff because they're nuts, but because their life situation has forced them into the world of violence.  Kinda difficult to say no to a gang leader if he'll kill you for it..

3 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

In general I might agree with you. But some people don't do this stuff because they're nuts, but because their life situation has forced them into the world of violence.  Kinda difficult to say no to a gang leader if he'll kill you for it..

Yea, but these gang members were nutts to join the gang in the first place.  And everyone makes their won decisions being threatened or not.  I wouldnt kill anyone even if my life was threatened.

6 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Yea, but these gang members were nutts to join the gang in the first place.  And everyone makes their won decisions being threatened or not.  I wouldnt kill anyone even if my life was threatened.

When the choice is join or die, many prefer to live.  I can understand that.  Life is precious and you'll do anything to cling to it when faced with its end.  Trust me on that.

Hell, if someone gave me a button and told me that pressing it would save my wife, but doom someone else.  With how I'm feeling lately... I'd press it.

4 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

When the choice is join or die, many prefer to live.  I can understand that.  Life is precious and you'll do anything to cling to it when faced with its end.  Trust me on that.

Hell, if someone gave me a button and told me that pressing it would save my wife, but doom someone else.  With how I'm feeling lately... I'd press it.

Well, that is where we differ.   If the person who would die if I didnt press the button was a really bad person, then I may think differently.    Only way I would take a life otherwise would be if myself was threatened or family.  Not because someone tells me to kill a random person.  I wouldnt do it.

I have had family members I watched pass over an extended period of time.  I still wouldn't kill a random person to save them.  1)  Because I know my family would not want that and 2), no telling who this random person is who would die to save my family member.  Not to diminish what you are going through.  It sucks and I really feel for you and know what you are going through.

17 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

To save my wife, I'd press that button faster than you can blink an eye. My mother-in-law.... hmmm.... that button is going to get old and moldy stuffed in the box up in the attic.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Zag L. said:

To save my wife, I'd press that button faster than you can blink an eye. My mother-in-law.... hmmm.... that button is going to get old and moldy stuffed in the box up in the attic.  

But you dont know who would die.  Press a button and a little girl dies but your wife is saved....I see a problem with this.  Now, if you press a button and you know the person who would die is a bad person, then ok sure.

1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Heya no worries... hope she feels better... go get some rest, this can be a never ending discussion

• Like 1

These crimes existed way before what i'm about to say but it has certainly escalated more once all the forigners came here. Shifting drugs and what not around, getting into post code turf wars and look at the music all the kids are aspiring towards, its all guns, drugs, hoes and n-words. It's a shame but glad i don't have kids in this world today they're all wacko idiots.

26 minutes ago, techbeck said:

But you dont know who would die.  Press a button and a little girl dies but your wife is saved....I see a problem with this.  Now, if you press a button and you know the person who would die is a bad person, then ok sure.

Nope, doesn't matter. Random is random (excluding my wife of course) meaning I could even be the one to die and I'm fine with that.  I don't believe all life has the same value. If I'm told my either my wife dies or I press a button and some other random person dies instead, sucks to be that other random person. 

1 hour ago, Zag L. said:

Nope, doesn't matter. Random is random (excluding my wife of course) meaning I could even be the one to die and I'm fine with that.  I don't believe all life has the same value. If I'm told my either my wife dies or I press a button and some other random person dies instead, sucks to be that other random person. 

I would give up my life for someone else but sorry, to say that a life of a loved one is more important than someone persons life....just cannot agree and have a different thought on that.  And if the person is random, wife/husband is saved and what happens if one of your kids are the random person who dies?  Or another family member is chosen?

If it is your time to go, it is your time to go.  Cannot change that and is something everyone has to accept and come to terms with.  If I was the one who was suffering and found out that someone sacrificed a random life to save mine, I wouldnt be to happy about it.  It also technically makes the person a murderer/accomplice as well.

Not trying to be insensitive towards people but this is just life.   I have had to deal with people I know, family/friends, dying and even watched one waste away in the hospital then hospice for a few months.   Worst thing even I had to deal with and still gets me from time to time. 

2 hours ago, Zag L. said:

Oh man, if I got a button that could extend my life by 10 years if I pressed it but one random person dies, 90+% of the world would be up in smoke.

This should negatively impact tourism and make richer folk move out.