Do I need this Bracket on Video Card for my Asus G11CD

Hi All

preparing for future video card upgrade,  wondering if I would still need this bracket once the card is upgraded,  Current card is Nvidia Geforce 1050 2gb 

Video card bracket.jpg

Picture should be posted regarding it, unless the picture isn't showing for some reason

5 minutes ago, bikeman25 said:

Picture should be posted regarding it, unless the picture isn't showing for some reason

Umm, we can't see any bracket in that picture. And if that is the 1050 at the bottom, it looks a little too small...

Closer Shot, Does this help?   it is a 1050 2gb card,  Maybe small form factor style Asus put in

Closer Shot of Bracket.jpg

No.  It is just a support bracket for the video card ... which most (if not all) OEMs use in their systems.  They really aren't needed unless your PC travels a lot (and even then...shrug).

Ok Thank you Jim K, just wasn't sure if I had to put that back on when I get my future Geforce 1070 card, provided a 1070 card of some type would even fit lol.   

Theres a bracket with 2 screws on very bottom of the case that appears attached to the video card, possibly just a support type thing,  System does not travel a lot, only traveling one time for RL move soon, but will be in original box with the original packaging should hopefully be fine in that regard

Hello,

It looks like there are several locations it can go into, so I would suggest leaving it in the case and only removing it if it no longer fits inside the chassis once a larger video card is installed.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 1

Yeah leaving it for now, Will see once I get the newer card eventually once find one can afford lol.     Just was asking to make sure on that lol, first OEM machine I had with it like that, so wasn't too sure on if it was to remain or what lol

Hello,

It adds some rigidity to the case, so if you can keep it installed you might as well leave it in place.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

a 1080 upwards wont be much thicker than the 1070, its all about the length on the cards. Its a standard Asus OEM VGA card standoff, to minimise flexing to the PCI-e card.

not a bad idea and should fit happily any Nvidia card with a reference design PCB, as its fixed to top screws of card at backplane and front edge.

Yeah should be fine,  one 1070 is available at local bestbuy, Blower style, $399.99 maybe would fit fine, but in middle of also moving to, so not really time to do an upgrade lol, so probably gonna wait til after move, then determine which card exactly, and jump on it, and get that installed

As sometimes stream steam games to Laptop machine, or other household PC,   Haven't used dual monitors yet as no desk space, but maybe in future for that aspect,    Tend to watch sometimes Netflix, plan on getting Full HD monitor at some point or 4K monitor lol,  right now using 1600x900 HP W2072A monitor