Why vote Republican if your not in the 1% or have a big business? (Without being up Democrats)


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, primortal said:

I never said all jobs are meant to be ones to support a family and pay for utilities and rent.  But for a single person should make enough money to support themselves and not rely on welfare or foodstamps until they get better paying jobs.

 

Of course businesses will find ways to make money, that's a given.  Again if you want to be in business, you're business model would have to support raises along with increases in minimal wages if you want to survive.  Cutting corners are typical and if emplyoees don't like it that can find other jobs that provides what they need.

 

In Amazon's case, losing stock options isn't a big loss.  There's a lot of turn around in the warehouse positions and stock options won't amount to a lot to be much of an impact.  Bonuses are also violitale but the amount at times could be higher then their monthly take home.  But at least most of the employees can have a decent living vs. what they had before.

The way I am thinking is if you are living on your own and don't have the necessary skills to get a job that pays well enough to live on your own, then you need to change your situation and/or skills.

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Zag L. said:

In all of my years (over 55 of them in fact), at no point in my life was minimum wage EVER enough for a single person of any age to support themselves.

Depends on ones life style.  I've met people who worked prior to the '70 were able live on minimum wage until time came to get better paying jobs.  Today cost of living is much higher than minimum wage can cover.

 

9 minutes ago, ncoday said:

The way I am thinking is if you are living on your own and don't have the necessary skills to get a job that pays well enough to live on your own, then you need to change your situation and/or skills.

It's a valid point but what about the fact there are people in the world that don't have the mental capacity or phyiscal limtations that allows them to improve their skill set to get better jobs?  Do you just leave them out to dry because they are "subpar" and have them rely on welfare/foodstamps?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, primortal said:

It's a valid point but what about the fact there are people in the world that don't have the mental capacity or phyiscal limtations that allows them to improve their skill set to get better jobs?  Do you just leave them out to dry because they are "subpar" and have them rely on welfare/foodstamps?

Those kinds of programs are designed for people who have legitimate challenges. Otherwise, are you proposing that businesses pay someone to do a job they are not capable of doing?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, ncoday said:

Those kinds of programs are designed for people who have legitimate challenges. Otherwise, are you proposing that businesses pay someone to do a job they are not capable of doing?

Which programs?  No, not proposing that at all; don't know where you got that from.  Just stating there are people in this world that don't have the capability to progress in life (up their skill sets) to get higher paying jobs and relay on minimum wage to live instead of government handouts.

Link to comment

Thank god America has a thriving middle class. If it didn't, it would have descended into a Soviet States of America a long time ago. In fact, I'd say America in the 1930s was ripe for it and Hoover/FDR defused it sufficiently with their 'New Deal' programs. Unfortunate we need to have those socialist programs to prevent violent revolution, but that's the reality.

Link to comment

Because the left are violent.. right??

 

Quote

Pennsylvania Gov. Candidate: "I'm Going To Stomp All Over Your Face In Golf Spikes"

“Governor Wolf lemme tell ya, between now and November 6, you better put a catcher’s mask on your face. Because I’m gonna stomp all over your face, with golf spikes, because I’m gonna win this for the state of Pennsylvania, and we’re throwing you out of office.”

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/pennsylvania-gov-candidate-im-going-to-stomp-all-ove-1829719347

  • Like 2
Link to comment
21 hours ago, wakjak said:

 

Has he tried to assasinate the Democratic leadership? Harrassed, stalked and otherwise disturbed the peace and committed assault like Maxine Waters minions? Severely assaulted a US senator in his own yard, causing lung and other damage he still suffers from many months later?

 

No?

 

Guess he needs to up his game...

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, DocM said:

Severely assaulted a US senator in his own yard, causing lung and other damage he still suffers from many months later?

If I recall the senator in his yard was over his lawn, not over politics.

Link to comment
38 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

If I recall the senator in his yard was over his lawn, not over politics.

 

His lawyer claimed that, he had to as a political motive could bring in the Patriot Act. He got off light.

 

I read his social media postings before they were cleansed. A BernieBot & Never-Trumper with a serious impulse control problem. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, DocM said:

 

His lawyer claimed that, he had to as a political motive could bring in the Patriot Act. He got off light.

 

I read his social media postings before they were cleansed. A BernieBot & Never-Trumper with a serious impulse control problem. 

That's quite the conspiracy you got going there.

 

but I can understand why you'd believe such a thing, when you're being fed things like this...

 

 
Which is what YOU would call fake news if it were any other organization.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, wakjak said:

That's quite the conspiracy you got going there.

 

Why wouldn't his attorney make the "his grass made me do it!" argument rather than his posted motives? 

7 minutes ago, wakjak said:

 

but I can understand why you'd believe such a thing, when you're being fed things like this...

 

Don't watch Fox, cord cutter. But of course, you know this and are unable to make a better argument. Taking the easy way out,

 

meme after meme after meme after....

 

Boring.

7 minutes ago, wakjak said:
 

 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, wakjak said:

But it's no meme. It's the facts. I apologize if that is not what you like to hear.

No, it's memes guised as stories - mostly from the leftist equivalents of Brietbart, Info Wars etc. and "journalists"  who have lost any notion of what real journalism is. 

Link to comment
On 10/14/2018 at 9:23 AM, DocM said:

No, it's memes guised as stories - mostly from the leftist equivalents of Brietbart, Info Wars etc. and "journalists"  who have lost any notion of what real journalism is. 

No. It's not. You are literally spewing fake news right now. 

Edited by dipsylalapo
Edited as per report
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 10/14/2018 at 1:15 PM, wakjak said:

No. It's not. You are literally spewing fake news right now.

He may now know what a meme is. Im not sure how that could be, but just maybe...

Edited by dipsylalapo
Edited as per report
Link to comment
10 hours ago, DocM said:

No, it's memes guised as stories - mostly from the leftist equivalents of Brietbart, Info Wars etc. and "journalists"  who have lost any notion of what real journalism is. 

This is such utter BS

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Reason's I've traditionally been one the conservative side, and how Trumpsism compares:

  • Less radical (less likely to criticise everyone else) <- Trumpism: Fails, criticises all the normal people, criticises our institutions, calls the media the enemy of the people, shouts about locking up politicians, by far the most radical government I've seen in my life
  • Balances the budget <- Trumpism: Fails, most fiscally irresponsible decisions I've ever seen, lowering taxes but increasing spending. Unbelievable
  • Respects the law <- Trumpsim: As far away from anyone I've seen, consistent attacks on the FBI etc
  • Wants a prosperous and safe world <- Trumpism: Daily seems to be causing more conflict across the world, and definitely doesn't care if everyone in other country's suffer as long as he is "winning" (sick face)
  • Capitalist ideals - I think a well regulated competitive system is great <- Trumpism: Seems to think regulations are somehow a bad thing for their sheer existence, I mean, I just can't understand. He seems to think total anarchy is a good thing weirdly
  • Does not participate in violent protest over trivial matters <- Trumpism: I feel he's the most aggressive, least empathatic, most disruptive American president there's been, which is far more concerning to me than the (very strong) negativity I always held against violent protestors
  • Pride in good moral character <- Trumpism: Um, enough said

Things I've never liked about the conservative side (but haven't been total deal breakers):

  • Guns - just get rid of them, totally unnecessary
  • Hawkism - all the Bush wars :(
  • Appeals to religion - while "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" and the general moral compass of religion are important hallmarks of our society, appealing to anti-gay and anti-abortion groups due to their religious beliefs is far too secular for me, and I only have to look at Saudia Arabia and Syria to see what secular governments do and I don't like
  • Attacking the social safety net - above all else, I just want a high quality of life for me and all Americans, and I can't really have that if we allow scores of homeless/sick people, many of whom resort to crime, because we're too idealistic to keep everyone safe and healthy
  • Anti-environmentalism - I love the outdoors, I don't get this one

 

Link to comment
23 minutes ago, kcbworth said:

Reason's I've traditionally been one the conservative side, and how Trumpsism compares:

  • Less radical (less likely to criticise everyone else) <- Trumpism: Fails, criticises all the normal people, criticises our institutions, calls the media the enemy of the people, shouts about locking up politicians, by far the most radical government I've seen in my life
  • Balances the budget <- Trumpism: Fails, most fiscally irresponsible decisions I've ever seen, lowering taxes but increasing spending. Unbelievable
  • Respects the law <- Trumpsim: As far away from anyone I've seen, consistent attacks on the FBI etc
  • Wants a prosperous and safe world <- Trumpism: Daily seems to be causing more conflict across the world, and definitely doesn't care if everyone in other country's suffer as long as he is "winning" (sick face)
  • Capitalist ideals - I think a well regulated competitive system is great <- Trumpism: Seems to think regulations are somehow a bad thing for their sheer existence, I mean, I just can't understand. He seems to think total anarchy is a good thing weirdly
  • Does not participate in violent protest over trivial matters <- Trumpism: I feel he's the most aggressive, least empathatic, most disruptive American president there's been, which is far more concerning to me than the (very strong) negativity I always held against violent protestors
  • Pride in good moral character <- Trumpism: Um, enough said

Things I've never liked about the conservative side (but haven't been total deal breakers):

  • Guns - just get rid of them, totally unnecessary
  • Hawkism - all the Bush wars :(
  • Appeals to religion - while "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" and the general moral compass of religion are important hallmarks of our society, appealing to anti-gay and anti-abortion groups due to their religious beliefs is far too secular for me, and I only have to look at Saudia Arabia and Syria to see what secular governments do and I don't like
  • Attacking the social safety net - above all else, I just want a high quality of life for me and all Americans, and I can't really have that if we allow scores of homeless/sick people, many of whom resort to crime, because we're too idealistic to keep everyone safe and healthy
  • Anti-environmentalism - I love the outdoors, I don't get this one

 

Conservatives don't attack the social safety net - what they attack are attempts to overstuff the social safety net.  That attack is classic Milton Freedman - you plain and simply do NOT use that social safety net to buy votes!    UNfortunately, a lot of mainstream politicians (both Republicans AND Democrats) do just that: why?  Because it works at the ballot box.  Vote-buying makes me ill; if I spot a politician (regardless of party) doing it, I won't vote for OR recommend them.  The social safety net is supposed to be only the necessaries - not everything is a "necessary".

Anti-environmentalism - are you sure you don't mean attempts to "greenwash" everything, such as using ethanol as a pricing-prop for corn farmers - and in the process making pollution worse due to forcing older vehicles - which are being kept around longer due to pricing of newer vehicles being unaffordable for more folks to run out of spec?  That isn't just the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers - the auto-repair trade group) complaining - it is also the NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council) and Oxfam - in other words, not even the environmentalists are united. in this.

Link to comment
56 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

Conservatives don't attack the social safety net ...snip ... The social safety net is supposed to be only the necessaries - not everything is a "necessary".

For me, the safety net should be about doing what it takes to minimise/eliminate the need for anyone to resort to crime, to have to live on the streets, to suffer ill instead of calling an ambulance or going to the doctor. For me, yes, they're all "necessaries" if you want America to be a great place

 

56 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

Anti-environmentalism - are you sure you don't mean attempts to "greenwash" everything

I don't think people saying "i know more than the scientists about climate change" or "wind energy is visual pollution" and roll back anti-dumping rules, etc, have a leg to stand on, personally

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/24/2018 at 11:02 PM, PGHammer said:

I have to wonder - how many socialists have seen the 1950s-era cartoons explaining  exactly how capitalism works? (Not kidding - they were produced by Warner Brothers and were based on the Brothers Grimm fairytale of the shoemaker and the elves - with Elmer Fudd as the King of the Elves, and Sylvester as the shoemaker's pet cat. Except for certain humorous elements, the entire outline presented by Fudd to the shoemaker could have come from  Business 101 = and yes; the shoemaker was, in fact, weaned off the elves and modernized his business.  (According to you, that should have been impossible - remember, he was not paying the elves.)  Is it on YouTube?

Turns out it is the link is here:

 

Link to comment

they don't hate me for being a straight white man.

they are push-back on absolute post-modern cultural lunacy.

the democrats are really just the party of college educated white women and welfare recipients. they don't give a crap about the working poor.

the liberal platform is self contradictory. GM is firing 1600 workers so let's bring in 7000-10000 low skill central American workers.  they don't seem to understand what is good for the environment is bad for people and vice-versa. Macron is getting a lesson in that right now.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 10/15/2018 at 12:50 AM, kcbworth said:

For me, the safety net should be about doing what it takes to minimise/eliminate the need for anyone to resort to crime, to have to live on the streets, to suffer ill instead of calling an ambulance or going to the doctor. For me, yes, they're all "necessaries" if you want America to be a great place 

 

I don't think people saying "i know more than the scientists about climate change" or "wind energy is visual pollution" and roll back anti-dumping rules, etc, have a leg to stand on, personally

idle hands and fatherlessness causes crime. Poverty doesn't. Do you know who are the worst shoplifters? Middle aged, middle class white women who are so bored with their lives they are looking for any amount of excitement.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.