Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM key

1 minute ago, shockz said:

Interesting, and somewhat annoying, considering I can pull multiple articles stating that the last freebie ended when MS stopped the accessibility upgrades. I just shelled out $199 for a pro key a few weeks ago.

Well there you go OP, looks like you found an easy (although questionable way) to use an old key off another system and upgrade to 10... and better than the sketchy ebay route.

it was only that 'accessibility upgrade' and through 'windows updates' that was stopped. 

They could still patch it at some point in a future build but as of right now they still allow old keys to be used when booting the install media; I think it's purposeful that this method is still open but that's just my opinion about it.

17 minutes ago, shockz said:

Interesting, and somewhat annoying, considering I can pull multiple articles stating that the last freebie ended when MS stopped the accessibility upgrades. I just shelled out $199 for a pro key a few weeks ago.

Well there you go OP, looks like you found an easy (although questionable way) to use an old key off another system and upgrade to 10... and better than the sketchy sellers on ebay route.

Much like everything with Windows 10 and Microsoft, it was not very clear and to your point still isn't clear. How long will this process still work for? Who knows, but I would bet Microsoft wants to continue to see Windows 10 being adopted and used.

local tech site was promoting this site - scdkey . com . In the following discussion authors of the article claimed it was legit. I personally don't understand how that works.

31 minutes ago, neoraptor said:

local tech site was promoting this site - scdkey . com . In the following discussion authors of the article claimed it was legit. I personally don't understand how that works.

Microsoft gives discounts on bulk key purchases (as many companies do for bulk buys); a lot of resellers take advantage (some would say abuse) of this to then resell at that discounted price.

it's more about improving adoption rates than anything else by the ones doing it legitly