Extremely long load times for every application

Win 10 x64 1803, whenever I click on a shortcut, it takes anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds for it to open, and this is installed on an SSD, windows it's self loads fast, but loading anything else (games, email, firefox, etc) takes an insane amount of time to launch. I have run SFC  and it found one file that was corrupt, and it repaired it. I have checked the SSD with Samsung Magician and it has the current firmware and it is showing no errors. Right now with FF running I am at 50% load on the RAM and CPU usage is around 7%. I am at a lose as to what could be causing this issue, as it just started happening and I can not correlate any specific event to when this started happening. Any insights as to what could be causing my issues would be appreciated!

My specs are:

AMD FX-8370    32 °C Vishera 32nm Technology
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 785MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0 (Socket 942)    29 °C
Graphics
LG ULTRAWIDE (2560x1080@60Hz)
4K2K@60HzDP (3840x2160@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (Asus)    35 °C
Storage
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD))    36 °C
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD))    32 °C
232GB Seagate ST3250410AS (SATA )    34 °C
465GB Seagate ST3500630AS (SATA )    36 °C
1862GB Western Digital WD My Book 1230 USB Device (USB (SATA) (SSD))    36 °C

Optical Drives
 HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40
 Audio
 Realtek High Definition Audio

50 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Win 10 x64 1803, whenever I click on a shortcut, it takes anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds for it to open, and this is installed on an SSD, windows it's self loads fast, but loading anything else (games, email, firefox, etc) takes an insane amount of time to launch. I have run SFC  and it found one file that was corrupt, and it repaired it. I have checked the SSD with Samsung Magician and it has the current firmware and it is showing no errors. Right now with FF running I am at 50% load on the RAM and CPU usage is around 7%. I am at a lose as to what could be causing this issue, as it just started happening and I can not correlate any specific event to when this started happening. Any insights as to what could be causing my issues would be appreciated!

My specs are:

AMD FX-8370    32 °C Vishera 32nm Technology
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 785MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0 (Socket 942)    29 °C
Graphics
LG ULTRAWIDE (2560x1080@60Hz)
4K2K@60HzDP (3840x2160@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (Asus)    35 °C
Storage
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD))    36 °C
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD))    32 °C
232GB Seagate ST3250410AS (SATA )    34 °C
465GB Seagate ST3500630AS (SATA )    36 °C
1862GB Western Digital WD My Book 1230 USB Device (USB (SATA) (SSD))    36 °C

Optical Drives
 HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40
 Audio
 Realtek High Definition Audio

what Av are you running? if you disable the av does program execution return to normal?

1 hour ago, Mando said:

what Av are you running? if you disable the av does program execution return to normal?

Kaspersky Free 2019, and no

1 hour ago, kalkal said:

Any errors in the windows application/system logs that align up with the app launch times? IO errors or anything?

Not related to any of the application that I am loading at the time

You mentioned the CPU/RAM usage, but what about the disk usage % in windows task manager. Just wondering if another app or process is hogging the disk. 

4 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Samsung Magician and it has the current firmware and it is showing no errors.

But whats it showing for performance?  Run a performance test.. its connected at sata 3 right?  Its not 100% full..

I'm running 1803

1803.thumb.png.fa0174789969a42b0b007df013475485.png

And I have SSD, samsung both a 850 pro ad a 860 evo and not seeing any such issues.

7 hours ago, BudMan said:

But whats it showing for performance?  Run a performance test.. its connected at sata 3 right?  Its not 100% full..

ssd.thumb.PNG.bcf4b9dcdc6504fa1662dac727d9342c.PNG

yeah that looks fine.

But maybe you are hit with some weirdness with the build - I am not seeing any such issue.  But there are vast amounts of differences between your box and mine from hardware and even software installed so could be something with your system and the build.

Can you rollback to the previous.

1 minute ago, BudMan said:

yeah that looks fine.

But maybe you are hit with some weirdness with the build - I am not seeing any such issue.  But there are vast amounts of differences between your box and mine from hardware and even software installed so could be something with your system and the build.

Can you rollback to the previous.

I guess I could try to rollback. I have heard that 1803 has had some issues with some brands of SSD's, I wonder if this could be some of that issue?

I have samsung and launch apps off both of them, the 850 pro and the 860 evo and Im not seeing it that is for sure.

32 minutes ago, BudMan said:

I have samsung and launch apps off both of them, the 850 pro and the 860 evo and Im not seeing it that is for sure.

agreed, all of my 6 SSDs are sumsung Evos (840s and 850s), infact even my laptop is also a sammy evo no issues with 1803.

have you installed iRST?

when you double click a shortcut what does task manager say its doing while you wait, is the exe using high cpu cycles? or anyhitng else, look for Kaperskys engine stats when its happening, see if you see a spike in its cpu time.

I betcha Kapersky free is hooking every process that tries to execute or open and scanning each time.

While its a decent defense, its so invasive with system hooks and old style sig protection, its garbage.

just for giggles uninstall that p.o.s. and run with just defender, betcha the problem magically goes away. ;)

I just run with what comes with windows - there is really little need for anything else.. Unless your a oh shiny clickity clickity sort of user..

11 hours ago, Mando said:

agreed, all of my 6 SSDs are sumsung Evos (840s and 850s), infact even my laptop is also a sammy evo no issues with 1803.

have you installed iRST?

when you double click a shortcut what does task manager say its doing while you wait, is the exe using high cpu cycles? or anyhitng else, look for Kaperskys engine stats when its happening, see if you see a spike in its cpu time.

I betcha Kapersky free is hooking every process that tries to execute or open and scanning each time.

While its a decent defense, its so invasive with system hooks and old style sig protection, its garbage.

just for giggles uninstall that p.o.s. and run with just defender, betcha the problem magically goes away. ;)

What is iRST? And this issue was showing up prior to installing KAV, I should have stated that, but my roommate has the same exact setup (SSD wise) and is using 1803 and does not have the problem, and he is also using KAV...

Well it pains me to admit this, but it turns out the issue is Kaspersky and 1803, I turned it off and suddenly everything loads fast again, so IDK what the problem is, but I can tell that it is related to KAV Free 2019, it did not do it when it was the 2018 edition, I realized that it had updated and that was when everything started going slow.

I haven't experienced this issue on any KAV Free install even with the new version. Use KAVRemover to completely remove all traces of Kaspersky and reinstall it.

1 minute ago, Circaflex said:

I haven't experienced this issue on any KAV Free install even with the new version. Use KAVRemover to completely remove all traces of Kaspersky and reinstall it.

Not a bad idea, I'll give a try and see what happens. My roommate has the same config as I do and he's not having the issue like I am, so IDK what to think about it.

It turns out that I somehow had Comodo internet essentials installed (which I have no idea where it came from) and when I went to reinstall KAV it warned me about incompatible software and offered to remove it for me, so I did and now I have KAV reinstalled and it seems to snappy response times like before!  

On 6/3/2018 at 8:10 PM, jnelsoninjax said:

What is iRST? And this issue was showing up prior to installing KAV, I should have stated that, but my roommate has the same exact setup (SSD wise) and is using 1803 and does not have the problem, and he is also using KAV...

Intel Rapid Storage Technology.  It can cause issues if it isn't kept up to date alongside the current build of Win10.