• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Gaming Mouse Recommendations

Gotenks98    443

Hi All,

I am needing a replacement mouse for gaming. My current mouse is a Razer Naga 12 button mouse that has the buttons on the side. I play alot of MMORPGs, and the mouse with 12 buttons on the side is crucial for that. My issue with this mouse now is the clicking is now almost always a double click. I have cleaned this mouse about 3 times now and the problem always comes back after few months.  This seems to be a common thing for the Razer mice after a few years of use. I am at a point where its really effecting my game play and I am needing a replacement. Any suggestions?

Mindovermaster    1,475

Isn't that Naga still under warranty? IIRC, Razer products are alway 2 years. (been awhile)

+DevTech    1,227
On 6/2/2018 at 1:22 PM, Jaybonaut said:

Check out this guy's channel, it's almost all he reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJaDZC7PChgd-XMwcbZkiw/featured

I almost get angry at the huge waste of my time when useful information is encoded in a Youtube video and there is no complete text transcription attached (which is statistically guaranteed to be NEVER HAPPENS).

However, passing over the huge annoyingness of Youtube, a grudging thanks for that link.

Some MMO mice from that channel:

Jaybonaut    216
On 6/3/2018 at 5:28 PM, DevTech said:

I almost get angry at the huge waste of my time when useful information is encoded in a Youtube video and there is no complete text transcription attached (which is statistically guaranteed to be NEVER HAPPENS).

I would hope not - people pour hours into their work just to have others try to avoid it to get a piece of information and bypass not only their art but also income.

+Zagadka    3,427

I actually somewhat agree. If I'm doing something like looking for a bit of data - say, a list of recommended products, or even, oh, how to beat a quest in a game - I get frustrated by video examples when 4 sentences would suffice. Videos take more attention, require sound, can't easily be re-checked without being replayed, harder to copy and archived, etc. I prefer to digest a piece of information as text.

Hardware recommendations like this included.

Ideally, they would do both. I mean, a hardware video can be done well (I've seen many companies like Asus do well with instruction/introduction videos)

That said, I will watch videos for something I am paying sufficient attention to... especially if it is well made... but there are a lot of videos that don't meet those requirements. The presentation can be bad, information missing, or a number of things that make me regret watching something for a minute before realizing it is useless.

Gotenks98    443

Just so you all know I went with the Corsiar Schimitar mouse. It has been working out great.

• Like 1

Mindovermaster    1,475
1 hour ago, Gotenks98 said:

Just so you all know I went with the Corsiar Schimitar mouse. It has been working out great.

As long as you're happy, all that matters. :)

patseguin    1,187
On 8/9/2018 at 10:37 AM, Gotenks98 said:

Good choice, so much of my hardware is corsair. Mouse, keyboard, mouse mat, ram, etc. I think they make the best stuff.

• Like 1