• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Google and other tech giants could face hearings if anti-conservative bias continues, lawmaker warns

techbeck    6,907

Just days after Google inadvertently listed “Nazism” as one of the ideologies of the California Republican party, Rep. Devin Nunes (R.-Calif) warned that the search giant and other tech heavyweights could face hearings over alleged anti-conservative bias.

Speaking during an interview on “Sunday Morning Futures” on Fox Business, the House Intelligence Committee Chairman said that anti-GOP bias is widespread. “I think what the American people need to understand is there is bias against conservatives and Republicans all across this country,” he told Maria Bartiromo. “And now as you see things, it’s always been there with newspapers and television, but now as you see it getting into the internet it's one of the challenges we have with millennials.”

Google was slammed last week after the “Nazism” listing appeared in the search giant’s Knowledge Panel.

More...

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/06/04/google-and-other-tech-giants-could-face-hearings-if-anti-conservative-bias-continues-lawmaker-warns.html

• Haha 1

DConnell    6,581

We'll see if anything comes of this. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

techbeck    6,907
1 minute ago, DConnell said:

We'll see if anything comes of this. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Me to.  Google and others responsibility is to just present the info and not inject their own views. 

• Like 1