WTF...I dont get it

Ok, I've heard of ppl succesfully overclocking their Radeon's to 475. I incresed my core clock speed to 465, ran 3dmark and there were white spots on the sides of the planes. I decreased it to 452, same thing. Any type of overclocking I try, it doesn't work. WTF is wrong with me? lol. It works for everyone else but if I try, it doesn't. I don't get it. What could I possible be doing wrong? Im using radlinker to increase the clock settings. Is it just because Im only using one fan in my case and the stock one on my video card or what? Oh and my cpu temp right now is 43 and the case is 29. Im sure that might have something to do with it. Id like to think its just because of the cooling in my pc and that I dont just get stuck with the black sheep of video cards.

Could be the cooling, it may just be running hot. You could try the omega drivers and see if you have any luck with those, I know for my card I have to use them in order to overclock it.

It really depends on a LOT of variables... not the least of which is the fact that every single card is slightly different. What works for one person isn't necessarily gonna work for another. What kind of Radeon do you have, anyway? And yeah, only one case fan might have something to do with it... that's a very small amount of cooling there.

It really depends on a LOT of variables... not the least of which is the fact that every single card is slightly different. What works for one person isn't necessarily gonna work for another. What kind of Radeon do you have, anyway? And yeah, only one case fan might have something to do with it... that's a very small amount of cooling there.

well he is talking about speeds of +400MHZ so i think it's a 9600PRO? or am i wrong.. could be a 9800 too :blush: :shifty:

I'll check out the Omega Driver's.

Its the ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 128 Nazgul.(Man I can't believe I left that important part out :/ )

I hopefully get my new pc this week and it has 4 fans in it...3 or 4 anyways. If they ever get the friggin chip in stock.

Ok for some reason its not letting me edit my message so I have to double post...sorry :/

I was able to get my clock up to 438core and 357 mem. I ran 3d Mark (my highest score was 5340 or something on my 1.4 gig pc, now I scored 5190...so its kinda inconsistent, still up alot from 4722 stock). Everything ran fine except for the Mother Nature test. It ran but there was an awful lot of "snow" in the water in that test. Should I take my speeds down abit or just leave it the way it is? I mean, is that one instant enough to maybe warrant decreasing the speeds?

Im wondering if I should just leave it all stock defaults until I get my new pc with more fans in it.

AMD Athlon T-Bird 1.4 ghz

ECS K7S5A MOBO with latest SiS AGP driver

SB LIVE 5.1 latest drivers

640 megs ram.

Radeon 9800 Pro 128 latest cat. drivers

Im using Radlinker.