How do i fully transfer an app and settings in Win 10 or a suggestion for a Win 10 app to monitor specific IP cameras.

Question

So i have a few IP cameras and some crappy software that came with them. I have the software working on my desktop since December-january-ish.

I have the software working as intended and with all the settings exactly the same on the desktop and my partner's laptop but it is not working on my laptop. The only difference between the desktop and her laptop and my laptop is that the previous too had the software installed before the 1804 update, but my laptop had windows reinstalled using an 1804 ISO because i moved to a bigger ssd. The cameras are probably re-branded Chinese ones and are identified by an ID similar to EEEE-012345-ABCDE, and the software used is something called HiP2P client.

I tried having all the settings the same, i tried running the app in compatibility mode on the last laptop, it does not seem to work. The app on the latest clean-install laptop somehow resets all setting after it is closed and opened again.

Is there a way to copy a single app and all of it's settings between Windows 10 installs?

Is there an alternative Windows app from the store or elsewhere that could work with those kinds of cameras?

Edited by LauRoman
typos

2 answers to this question

iSpy software used is Open Source.

I think you can post the issue, you are facing to the repository.

Link - https://github.com/ispysoftware/iSpy

Further, it seems to be updated mid May 2018. So it is in active development.

Change log - https://www.ispyconnect.com/ProductHistory.aspx?productid=11

So I think, you can contact the person and he might be able to help you out. Also try installing the latest version.

Thank you, i have tried ispy and Ip Cam Soft UWP before opening thiis thread and i could not find the correct url to use with either of them. After a day of digging up the url and your suggestion i tried ispy again, and it worked, with a jpg based url. I hope there i can test out a few other settings with the other URLs because the jpg one does not seem to be adjustable quality wise and it seems to be eating a quite a number of cpu cycles for one camera (i have to multiply by 5)  but at least it works now.

I always try to find alternative apps that work with my hardware because the one that comes from the manufacturer usually is out of date or riddled with bugs and vulnerabilities (see routers). I tried to find better software for te cameras when i got them but i think i was too lazy then. Figures that i had to search again when the darn thing (HiP2P client) stopped working (to clarify: it is still wroking on the other two devices). The only difference i first thought there was, was the fact that the last machine had windows 10 1804 installed from scratch, while the other two had the software installed prior to 1804. However i now remember the fact that the other two machines had been upgraded from 7 to 10 too, maybe that played a part too.

Over the past year or two i found that some things are better if upgraded from 7 to 10 including but not limited to translations and control panel items...

Edited by LauRoman
typos and clarifications