My brother completely tore the cable to my HyperX Cloud core headset. Is it possible to replace it?

I have a 21-year old brother who doesn't give a crap about anyone's anything, and last time he took my headphones without asking, he ripped the cable that comes from the headset itself, so I am unable to connect it to any devices. Is it possible to open the headset and replace the cable to make the headset work again?

P.S. My brother has the balls to say that he WILL NOT replace the headset.

Cut it above the break, and splice in another cable is an option.

I had to do this once when my sister dropped a shovel next to my desk (don't ask lol) and cut the cable with the blade. I just went and bought some really cheap headphones and cut the cable off and spliced into mine. Taped it up really well and all was well.

20 hours ago, SirWeathers said:

P.S. My brother has the balls to say that he WILL NOT replace the headset.

If it were my brother I would probably take something of his and hold it to ransom. Especially since after taking a quick look those look pretty pricey. :/

5 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

If it were my brother I would probably take something of his and hold it to ransom. Especially since after taking a quick look those look pretty pricey. :/

agreed, or depending on how much of a dick your brother is, teach him a hard lesson and take him to small claims court. Bet he wouldn't be a dick to your property after that.

47 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

agreed, or depending on how much of a dick your brother is, teach him a hard lesson and take him to small claims court. Bet he wouldn't be a dick to your property after that.

My brother is an IDGAF kind of person. With everything he breaks, he never learns, and he makes you look like the bad person about it. I swear, he's got the devil in him. My mom absolutely HATES putting up with him.

16 minutes ago, SirWeathers said:

My brother is an IDGAF kind of person. With everything he breaks, he never learns, and he makes you look like the bad person about it. I swear, he's got the devil in him. My mom absolutely HATES putting up with him.

oh my. yeah if it was me I would definitely take him to small claims court. It would teach him a hard lesson for sure as you're almost guaranteed to win with a situation like this. Even being family that gives no excuse to treat your property that way IMHO; especially since he's 21, not no child anymore.

-slight rant- would you let him off the hook if he had keyed your car? how about if he broke your dogs leg? where do you draw the line on that kind of disdain for other people's property?

yes you could splice the wire as mentioned above fairly easy but whats to stop your brother from barging in and breaking it again? I say teach him a hard lesson by getting him legally forced to replace them or pay you what they're worth. -end of rant-

• Like 2

This is one of the reasons I love my Sennheisers, the cable is simply a 3.5mm to 2.5mm aux that plugs into the left side of the headphone housing. They even included an extra one in the package when I bought them five or so years ago.

11 minutes ago, satukoro said:

This is one of the reasons I love my Sennheisers, the cable is simply a 3.5mm to 2.5mm aux that plugs into the left side of the headphone housing. They even included an extra one in the package when I bought them five or so years ago.

while I love that design on some headphones I'm always afraid of the aux port getting loose like i've had happen on many a smart phone headphone jack. then you have to wiggle the cord to get it in the right position loosening the port more ect ect...

9 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

while I love that design on some headphones I'm always afraid of the aux port getting loose like i've had happen on many a smart phone headphone jack. then you have to wiggle the cord to get it in the right position loosening the port more ect ect...

The end of the cable that goes into the headphone housing is shaped accordingly so that it fits in seamlessly (I didn't realize I could remove the cable until a year or so after buying).

The fit is snug and doesn't allow any wiggle room.

The headphones pictured here have the same cable design: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/studio-headphones-noise-reducing-hd-200-pro

( I think these are just the newer versions of what I have, I'll have to check the model # when I get home )

27 minutes ago, satukoro said:

Which pair do you have?

17 hours ago, Brandon H said:

17 hours ago, greenwizard88 said:

Which pair do you have?

Turns out I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 439 headphones. These: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIA0AJ46K8068

Also, this is the replaceable cable: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories--hd-438--hd-439--connection-cable