An Epihpany.

The time has come to finally admit that Neowin is no longer the computer technology site of my younger days, rather it has become a site for Gamers. Unfortuneately I am not a Gamer. Last night the front page had nothing but stories on Game Technology, with a couple of come-ons for some (admitedly interesting) "recommended" products. It is a little better this evening but not by much. The epiphany came when I looked through the forums. The Gamer Hangout section on its own has almost as many posts as the Services and OS Support section, Windows, Mac and Linux combined. Software Discussion and Support has about half the posts of the Gamers. Which might explain why there has been no activity on the browser threads I follow.

Now the truth is I use an very good adblocker and I don't contribute very much to the forums so my presence as a lurker is mostly a drain on the sites resources; I will not be missed. Still it will be hard not to visit this site as I have have done on almost a daily basis ( apparently for over 17 years!)

I have appreciated the information and help I have gleaned from all the technical posts and articles. I have even enjoyed some of the rantings of the stridently right wing pundits and cheered (silently) for the willing few who took them and their crazy ideas to task. Still, compared to what goes on at Reddit... like I said I'm not nor never have been a Gamer.

So thanks for all the fish and keep posting to the Random Funny Pictures thread. I'll drop by now and again to check up on those.

Edit: Any recommendations for a site still active in Personal Computer software and hardware, not so much in those new fangled phone things (they'll never catch on, mark my words!)

Edited by AndyAmo
Afterthought

Errr, ever heard of E3?  It makes sense when an event like this happens that there is a lot of focus/posts related to it.  Same thing happens when Google, Apple, and MS hold their yearly events.   Want to complain about something, how about a tech site where the most active thread is political. 

Tech doesn't end with hardware... What do you think consoles are made from? There's going to be gaming, hardware, software, networking, etc.

We are a little political, but who isn't?

Seems like an odd complaint for someone who doesn't actively participate in any conversation to make.

You could post in the threads if you wanted to.

• Like 3

OP posts an observation/opinion, shared his appreciation for the site  and receives a snarky, condescending remark and a rude one.  No wonder so many have left Neowin.

Keep coming back, Andy.  ?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Raze said:

OP posts an observation/opinion, shared his appreciation for the site  and receives a snarky, condescending remark and a rude one.  No wonder so many have left Neowin.

Keep coming back, Andy.  ?

I wouldn't call that rude. They're just saying as it is. Common sense.

17 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

I wouldn't call that rude. They're just saying as it is. Common sense.

Common sense is subjective from one to another.  The OP was polite.

1 minute ago, Raze said:

Common sense is subjective from one to another.  The OP was polite.

And we weren't? No one is attacking him.

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

And we weren't? No one is attacking him.

What??   I didn't say you weren't or that anyone was attacking.  

Thread Locked

I'm nipping this in the bud before it goes completely off topic. Let's all respect OP's decision and at the same time I encourage all of our users to make the changes that you want to see! 

• Like 3

• dipsylalapo locked this topic