Best Cell phone and service

I am looking for a new phone and I want the phone to be able to custom varies of images and tones and other cool features such as Inferate and blue tooth techology and etc...

any info would be appreciated :D

btw, I live in the USA.

Do not..and I repeat do NOT use AT&T...they suck...hehe...go ahead with Verizon or maybe Cingular or T-Mobile..depends on where u live...as far as phone...there are tons of choices out there..it's really hard to say which one is the best. I personally like my T68i, it has all Ineed despite having P800.

I think Verizon is one of the best services I've used so far. (I've used Cingular, Sprint, and Nextel) I also have the LG VX6000, they have a good deal going on the phone, $79 after rebate. I have never had a dropped called and it seems I always have service no matter where i am :D They also have a great selection on games, programs, etc..but don't download to many things at once it can get expensive :unsure:

i'm happy with t-mobile!!!

first because they are the first provider who gave me a chance to sign up to their service and have a cellphone. att asked a $400 deposit and cingular i can't be approved :angry:

second the service is great: add-drop a service (tzone, text etc) within hours, quick and reliable customer service, the website is great.

third the services such as text messaging because i use a lot of sms and they have 1000sms (500 send - 500 receive..sucky tho way different in my country) but other provider charge you 10c for each...what a lamer :p

cingular sucks (the service, the area coverage etc)

att (great phones but i dont like the service plan)

sprint i heard horror stories about them

Stay away from Sprint... Their service sucks donkey ballz...  :ninja:  :no:

Good god, I couldn't have said it better. I have at least three loooong rants in the Soapbox section about how horrible Sprint's service is. Stay away from them at ALL costs.

There was a survey done about how happy people were with the service, and the results were (from best service to worst):

Verizon

Cingular

T-mobile

Sprint

AT&T

So, my vote goes for verizon because they have a large enough customer base so there are a lot of sites that offer free ringtones/screensavers, but they dont have so-big a customer base that they sacrifice service.

Verizon... Mainly because I have worked for them... Nah, not really... Anyhow, coming around the 2nd of Feb, you get unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited nights & weekends with any America's Choice or Local Digital Choice plan. It's called the IN program... Are you IN?

Nights start at 9.

Phones are competively priced...

And you get the best coverage...

What more could you ask for? :whistle:

Sprint is okay, my sis and her boyfriend have Sprint, but their service doesn't work on a lotta back roads...

T-mobile's service is alright, as long as you live in a somewhat highly populated area, otherwise, the towers suck

Cingular again is alright, depending on where you live. In my town in Pennsylvania, we get perfect Cingular service (my friend has them) but 20 minutes away, in the town i work in in NJ, they get absolutely no coverage.

Verizon is among the best I think it's safe to say. That's who I use...I don't need a fancy phone with the sms and the camera and junk, phone is for making and recieving calls, you wanna take pictures and play games? Go buy a gameboy and a digital camera :laugh:

I've heard all good and some bad things about all the services ( I worked at a Verizon Wireless center for 2 years) and never once heard anything good about at&t....my girlfriend has them though, and she says their pretty good...but she lives on a mountain :D so who knows.

Safest bet: Go with Verizon.

Ya sound like a spokesman for Sprint Chico..."The Only ALL Digital network, built from the ground up"

But unfortunately, in the grand scheme of things, Sprint has nothing on Verizon (and no Im NOT a spokesman :p )

If you want a good signal in 99% of the places you go, then go with Verizon, but that's just IMO.

i got tmobile... been w/ them for a year.. never had any big problems.. if i ever have a problem that they can't fix at the moment they give you 50 or 100 minutes free.

my plan is 600 anytime minutes and unlimited friday, saterday, and sunday.. free roaming and free long distance for $39.99 USD

my phone is a motorola 722i w/ attatched camera.. i chose motorola phone over any other one because you can get a data cable from ebay for like $2 and you download all the ringtones and screen savers and wallpaper for FREE and hook up your phone to your computer and upload your ringtones to the phone.. i have the same software that verizon and tmobile carry when they go to upgrade or reset your phone.. only problem is i only know how to use the ringtone, wallpaper, and general settings.. that's all i need to know anyway.

and besides that motorolas are an excellent phone because of their quality. i'm saving money now so that i can upgrad my phone to the new v300 or if they ever have it available for tmobile the v400

edit.. as for signal strength.. depending on where you live.. (california) tmobile and cingular are on the same network.. actually tmobile is on the cingular network in california and cingular is on the tmobile network over in New York...

basically you get better signal than spring and ATT and equal to verizon.

No one is a fan of Nextel? I've been using Nextel for 2 years and I don't have any complaints.

oh yea.. nextel is also good.. but i think it's geared towards business men.. and i don't like their phones except for the i96

and as i had said.. motorola is the best phone because of its quality and durability

um, VX6000 has a deal right now, buy one get one free from Circuit City, and most direct stores will match that.

VX4400, has the same buy one get one free deal, which can be matched... (Which is what I did yesterday)

On the second of Feb, the mail in rebate on the VX6000 will go from $70 to $50, and the mail in rebate on the VX4400 will go from $50 to $30.

The T730 is great because of all the voice ringers that come on it stock.

The VX3100 is a dual mode phone, which means you won't pick up on analog, but as long as you are staying in the city, you won't need analog.

The VX6000 is also a dual mode phone, so the same applies...

I have had the C343, and it is quite a phone for the cost, but it depends on whether you want a candy bar phone or a flip phone.

I have nothing to report on the Audiovox flips, as I haven't had the pleasure of playing with them (yet).

I have heard some good things about the Samsung a530, but apparently, everyone is waiting for the updated model, because the software is glitchy.

And I haven't got the chance to play with the Nokia's, but I have no real decision on those, because I have seen some good nokias, and some bad nokias.

Upcoming phones...

The LG VX5000, which should come out on monday or today, is basically a copy of the VX4400 with speakerphone. Which is an essential plus...

The LG VX7000, coming in the next month. is a camera phone with swivel, so you can turn the camera to what you want to look at...

That is all I can report to ya on the phones. Hope it helps...

i don't think you can get my deal anymore, b/c i got it like a year and a half ago. and i really need to get a new phone too...

400 anytime minutes

free incoming

free nights/weekends starting at 8pm

nationwide long distance

home area of new orleans to chicago, with a with of like st. louis to nashville

$50 a month

oh, and its with AT&T

i would look into sprint. i know that a couple of years ago, their service sucked a big one, but now i've heard its gotten better, plus their nights and weekends start at 7

i don't think you can get my deal anymore, b/c i got it like a year and a half ago. and i really need to get a new phone too...

400 anytime minutes

free incoming

free nights/weekends starting at 8pm

nationwide long distance

home area of new orleans to chicago, with a with of like st. louis to nashville

$50 a month

oh, and its with AT&T

i would look into sprint. i know that a couple of years ago, their service sucked a big one, but now i've heard its gotten better, plus their nights and weekends start at 7

that is disgusting :x i spit on that plan :crazy:

600 anytime minutes

unlimited weekend minutes (including friday).. so any calls made/recieved on friday, saterday, and sunday is absolutely FREE and UNLIMITED

nationwide long distance

free roaming charges

300 text messages included

$39.99 per month

if you want unlimited nights after 8pm it's an extra $5 a month

that is disgusting :x i spit on that plan :crazy:

600 anytime minutes

unlimited weekend minutes (including friday).. so any calls made/recieved on friday, saterday, and sunday is absolutely FREE and UNLIMITED

nationwide long distance

free roaming charges

300 text messages included

$39.99 per month

if you want unlimited nights after 8pm it's an extra $5 a month

What service provider?